New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    okay, I have this friend na babae na napaka close minded. i dunno, but I really care for her and don't want her to swerve to the "wrong way" (pun intended) (i meant alcohol and other stuffs. she's into this before! yes but I (we actually) helped her to overcome it) she doesn't want to be become friends with me anymore either.

all of this started when another friend told her na nung dumating sya, (at naging close kami) eh parang hindi na kami masyadong naging close nung another friend. talk about blaming herself. now she wants me to have more time with that friend instead of her. then she keeps saying things like babalik na daw sya sa pag inom. I don't want her to do so kasi. i tried talking to her, but she's very a close minded person. when she makes decisions, it will be the end of it, not thinking what will be the next outcome.

I'm getting frustrated na, but don't want to give up on her either.

help naman..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    BTW, ako ang nag post nyan kanina^^

having problems logging in kanina kasi ngayon lang nakapasok.

update. i heard just now from my classmate na nakita daw ng ate nya uminom kasama yung ibang mga classmate at kaibigan. I feel very disappointed.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can only go so far. You have a life of your own to manage. Kung ayaw nya tumino, bahala sya. Ma-stress ka lang. Although I admire your concern for a friend. Mas effective ang tough love sa mga katulad nya. Kumbaga, Wag ka masyado magpakita na affected ka kasi parang pagkain yan eh, lalo sila nagugutom sa ganun klaseng attention. They need, on their own, to realize that what they are doing is wrong.

Ayain mo to do something dangerous, like whitewater rafting. :bwahaha:

PS:
    Ang sarap pala mag-Whitewater rafting sa CdO! Super! The best! Lagi na syang part ng itinerary ko whenever I'm there. Hahaha!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks for the reply. I think you're right though. but I think it won't hurt to talk to her even once more. what could I do kaya to make her realize na mali ang ginagawa nya?

P.S. : edit on my first post: *but she's a very close-minded person.
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; November 18th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir JJ, if you have time, you might want to read this.. This article is from Bo Sanchez, it's somehow related..I really admire you for your care to your friend..Pero sadyang may mga tao talagang ganoon, Prayer na lang siguro ang mai-ooffer natin sa kanila and let Bro do the rest..

http://bosanchez.ph/stop-trying-to-fix-people/

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by W_R_C View Post
    okay, I have this friend na babae na napaka close minded. i dunno, but I really care for her and don't want her to swerve to the "wrong way" (pun intended) (i meant alcohol and other stuffs. she's into this before! yes but I (we actually) helped her to overcome it) she doesn't want to be become friends with me anymore either.

all of this started when another friend told her na nung dumating sya, (at naging close kami) eh parang hindi na kami masyadong naging close nung another friend. talk about blaming herself. now she wants me to have more time with that friend instead of her. then she keeps saying things like babalik na daw sya sa pag inom. I don't want her to do so kasi. i tried talking to her, but she's very a close minded person. when she makes decisions, it will be the end of it, not thinking what will be the next outcome.

I'm getting frustrated na, but don't want to give up on her either.

help naman..
    Best thing to do is not to deal with them. In order for a person to change it needs to come from them and later on habits will be formed. It seems that your friend has a habit of sticking on the wrong path, panalangin na lang ang makakapagpabago dyan.

Read Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (maski hindi ka na teenager).
    Last edited by froshie1; November 18th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks po sir.. yes I've been praying for her na, na sana e guide sya palagi ni bro and make her realize what is wrong and what is right.

thanks for the link din, I find it funny yet true. not done reading yet, mahaba-habang basahan to. hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mahirap baguhin kasi ang habits, once na present mo na sa kanila na kailangan nila magbago. it needs to come from them and later on good habits will follow.

habits can make or break an individual.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Best thing to do is not to deal with them. In order for a person to change it needs to come from them and later on habits will be formed. It seems that your friend has a habit of sticking on the wrong path, panalangin na lang ang makakapagpabago dyan.

Read Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (maski hindi ka na teenager).
    natatakot kasi ako kasi baka when the time comes when she realizes her own mistakes, it would be too late.

btw, i will try to look for the article you're saying. tapusin ko muna yung by bo sanchez, great and inspiring article, indeed.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    actually, someone also told me to just let her have her own way. pabayaan ko na daw sya. pero deep inside me, sabi ko, it's better said than done, eh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
how do you freakin' deal with close or narrow minded people?