New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Maganda sa isang pamilya na ang Ina ay nasa tahanan at nagpapalaki ng mga bata at nag aasikaso ng mga gawaing bagay samantalang ang lalake eh nag tatrabaho sa labas
    BUT
    let us say you're wife is college not just a college graduate but Cumlaude

which one will you choose

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its her decision as far as I am concerned. While it might be nice if the kids are raised by the mom, sometimes you just can't stop an ambitious person....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro mahirap na desisyon yan at tanging kayo lang magasawa ang makakapagsabi, and if ever na ano ang naging desisyon nyo ngayon dapat wag kayong magsisihan pagdating ng panahon,
    example:
    kami ng wife ko pereho kaming working noon same company, matipid noon kasi sabay kami ng pasok kaya sa pagkain baon na lang at sasakyan .
    nagdecide kaming huminto na lang siya para magbantay ng 2 bata, sacrifice sa point na mababawasan ng income, pero mababantayan naman ang mga bata, kaya ako doble kayod, pero yun ang gusto namin kaya dapat maging suportive kami sa isat isa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think it's a privilege to be a housewife. I'll be more than willing to give up my career and not apply my post grad degree anymore. I think taking care of my child would give the greatest sense of fulfillment. The only problem is that most guys want their wives to work. AT least in my circle. It's sad. really.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ako, pinapili ko wife ko and she chose to work not just to provide added income but also support na rin for her parents. It's a good thing also na mag-work siya for her own good. Idle mind sometimes leads to rustiness and poor decision-making kasi kulang sa experiences from the outside world. Isa pa sayang ang pinag-aralan nya from school.

I disagree na mas maayos magpalaki ang isang Ina na nasa bahay kaysa nagtatrabaho. Ako at mga kapatid ko were raised by both working parents, sometimes nasa abroad pa ang father ko. Wala naman akong nakitang problem. Pwede kasing nasa parents lang din yan... You need to sacrifice to raise good children... Spending with them more time during weekends and after office will help a lot... I assure you. I saw this sa ibang mga ka-officemates. It's working effectively for them

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For me, I would encourage my wife to work and pursue her ambitions. I want her to be as independent as she can be. DI(WK) is definitely an advantage these days... Of course, we should share the house chores and taking care of the kids. Parenting is a big challenge indeed!

7000:diver:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    A woman that smart can surely work at home and create your own business.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I think it's a privilege to be a housewife. I'll be more than willing to give up my career and not apply my post grad degree anymore. I think taking care of my child would give the greatest sense of fulfillment. The only problem is that most guys want their wives to work. AT least in my circle. It's sad. really.

I think it's not wanting. It should be encouraging. If the woman wants to stay at home, then that should be okay, too.

However, what if something happens to the husband? I know of a family who was managing to be relatively well-off. And then, so suddenly, my good friend(husband) passed away. His wife, because she has no previous work experience, other than what she was doing at home, could not find work and was forced to leave for the US (tnt), leaving the care of their kids to an aunt. That is sad...

7000:diver:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What ever makes her happy. When my wife first moved to the US she was a housewife and didn't quite understand the budget constraints. However, once she started working became more involved with the finances and came to understand the budget constraints. Besides staying at home was driving her to boredom.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It should be the woman's choice on whether to be a career woman or a housewife (some even manage to have a booming business while staying at home).

Besides, as my spouse has observed, plain housewives tend to be more suspicious about their husbands.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
A housewife or a workingwife