New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Good Day Tsikoteers!

I'm ready to pop the big question to my girlfriend..

I read the engagement ring thread and got my self a good enough ring in "OCAMPO's in Glorietta 4"

Now my problem is, i really suck at planing things like this.. I want to propose to my girlfriend in a really great place here in Manila.

Roof top.. Etc.. Etc..

Please suggest some places where I cold pop the question to my girlfriend?

Yes i'll be one of alot of people popping the question on 08-08-08.

I would be ever so grateful to you guys if you could give me a great place so that i would make this date the most memorable for my gf and i.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sweet naman nyan sir.. goodluck sa inyo.. 08-08-08, thats our wedding.. nextweek na.. awayin mo muna kaya tapos bigay mo yung ring? (kaya lang baka hindi umepekto) nung sa akin kase, wrong timing, binigay ko nung mainit ulo nya about sa work nya.. medyo di siya na-surprise.. hehe

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posoy dos ang laban na to.

Why not ask her parents and your parents for blessing, perhaps matutuwa pa sila sa iyo kung talagang gusto nila. Pero dapat hindi ito malalaman ng G.F mo, dapat sikrito dahil siya ang susurpresahin ninyo. Call a family gathering (hers and yours) parang party at doon ka mag propose sa harap ng lahat ng pamilya. Bahala kanang gumawa ng gimmick, I sure will na hindi ito papalag.

Go for it and good luck to you.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Congratulations! I agree that it would be even sweeter if you ask the help of your GF's friends and family. Just make sure that none of them will squeal. Plus you'll get a sure yes pa since you'll be making the proposal in front of other people. Buy 2 dozen long stem roses na rin.

OR You could do what the then BF of Bernadette Sembrano did (saw it on tv). The guy took her to church and asked for her hand in marriage with God as their witness. awwwwwww.

If you really want it in a restaurant, you could try:

-La Cocina de Tita Moning. It's an old house in Manila. I haven't been there but my best friend told me that it's soooooo romantic. She even thought that her BF was gonna propose to her the night he took her there. hehe.

-Antonio's in Tagaytay. The long trip in dark, foggy and rough roads adds to the appeal of the resto. hehe.

-le Boutique. This is where my friend's BF proposed. The staff helped him out with the preparations.

-le Souffle. This is where Chesca Garcia's BF proposed daw. hehe. It also helps that the staff there are extraordinarily nice and attentive so you could ask them to help you out as well.

-Lolo Dad's in Quirino Avenue.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 31st, 2008 at 03:22 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about during dinner onboard a ship cruising around Manila Bay or ontop of those double decker bus along Roxas Blvd. If you are in the same building in an elevator purposely hit the emergency stop button and propose to her, with or without other passengers, applause would come automatically. Your imagination is your limit, make it unique and memorable.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If you really want it in a restaurant, you could try:

-La Cocina de Tita Moning. It's an old house in Manila. I haven't been there but my best friend told me that it's soooooo romantic. She even thought that her BF was gonna propose to her the night he took her there. hehe.

-Antonio's in Tagaytay. The long trip in dark, foggy and rough roads adds to the appeal of the resto. hehe.

-le Boutique. This is where my friend's BF proposed. The staff helped him out with the preparations.

-le Souffle. This is where Chesca Garcia's BF proposed daw. hehe. It also helps that the staff there are extraordinarily nice and attentive so you could ask them to help you out as well.

-Lolo Dad's in Quirino Avenue.

Nagutom naman ako dito...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    How about during dinner onboard a ship cruising around Manila Bay
    Are you talking about Tennessee Walker? I think this is where my friend said yes to the guy courting her then

Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    If you are in the same building in an elevator purposely hit the emergency stop button and propose to her, with or without other passengers, applause would come automatically.
    Sir, iba ata usually nangyayari sa hitting the emergency button. heehee.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 31st, 2008 at 03:39 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    everywhere is a nice time to pop up the question. anyway, she could be expecting it too. no need for a special place. be practical...

just make sure na you get both parties parents on this.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rooftop / Helipad ng PBCom Tower sa Ayala. Been there and its really scary.

Nice place to propose there kasi kapag ang sagot nya ay no, talon ka na lang.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Congrats bro.,- the rooftop restaurant of Vivere in Alabang is a good place to make that kind of proposal....

6505:Bath:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
HELP: I'm ready to ask my gf to marry me BUT..