New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    diamond ring Dude

well, u have to buy it sa kilalang jewelry store, pagpili ng engagement dapat ito'y pulido meron kang receipt dude, at yung meron "K" karat... he~he~he~ kung merong budget ka rin lang go for 15 to 20k a lot better yung 35-40k hmm meron daw dyan Jewelry store sa SM Shoemart merong pangalan, it worth it, para kay GF mo soon to be your bride... ang pera nahahanapan, pero ang puso hindi, kusang tumitibok yan, para lamang ito sa nag-iisang dilag,yan ang tanging sigaw nyan....

IMO>l ayaw ko dun sa mga 2nd hand or pawned na ring, kc baka meron curse ito....he~he~he~

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just bought a ring 2 months ago, yes, she said YES. :cool:

Anyway, three C's kapatid. Clarity, Carat, and Color. Eto ang website that I used as a guide. I was going to get one from them pero they couldn't ship it to me overnight. This is a great website/store IMHO, kse they will educate you how to buy/choose a diamond ring based on your needs and budget.

http://www.sndgems.com/diamondguide.htm

from the website:
    But, if you'd rather not compromise on clarity but are budget conscious, choose a diamond with a good cut and G or H color.
    I picked the VVS2, 0.55 Carat, F in Color, Princess cut diamond. I could have gotten the 1.5 Carat pero I opt to buy the Platinum Ring setting. If you opt to get the Platinum, make sure have them do the "matte or satin" finish. Kse hindi evident kung magasgas man ang ring. Kapag shiny kse ang pinili mo, madaling magasgas kse malambot ang Pt compared to gold. Pero unlike gold, Platinum tends to retain its particles when scratched. Meaning, hindi mababawasan weight ng ring. Ang gold, kapag nagasgas, nahihiwalay sa body ng ring ang particle na nagasgas.

Eto Platinum Finishes:
    http://www.sndgems.com/polishing.htm

it is best to buy a diamond which has certification like EGL or GIA certified. alam mong hindi naitago ang inclusions by using a laser. Theres a place in Los angeles California called Jewelry District (Ongpin Style). cheap pero a friend of mine works there and he told me about LASER procedures to hide diamond inclusions and cracks...not good. If the jewelry shop gives a lifetime warranty on the diamond setting, it would be great. Meaning, kung mawala/nalaglag ang diamond setting, bring the ring back to the shop and they will replace the diamond with the same C,C, and C...for FREE. Just as long as you bring the ring with you.

Goodluck and Congrats kapatid :jump2:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats Karding :D

Me, I'm still shopping. I've asked a few female friends and most are telling me to get a Princess Cut diamond. The two places I've gone to are www.BlueNile.com and www.Diamond.com . And yes, I'm getting Platinum. Do you know of any other sites ... my budget is about $4k
    Last edited by FLiPMaRC; October 29th, 2003 at 04:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FLiPMarC, yung SNDgems may branch sa NYC...sa manhattan yata.

As for me, nabili ko yung sakin sa Robbins Bros. www.robbinsbros.com Akala ko Ghetto yung place, okay naman pala.

Princess Cut, kahit ako yung ang trip ko :hihihi: Trip ko sana yung Emerald Cut, pero mas mahal sa Princess Cut

goodluck din kapatid! well, sa paghanap ng ring. If you must know when I popped the Q, nung bday ko! Para di ko makalimutan, :hihihi:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding Congrats!!!

Baiskee, maganda yata ngayon eh white Gold ang band then yun nga yung BATO

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    baiskee, me refer ako sa iyo ok na jeweler. Pasok yung budget mo for ang engagement rin. Sa kaniya ako bumili ng engagement ring and wedding rings namin. PM mo na lang ako

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    white gold na may diamond da best!;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    FLiPMarC, yung SNDgems may branch sa NYC...sa manhattan yata.

As for me, nabili ko yung sakin sa Robbins Bros. www.robbinsbros.com Akala ko Ghetto yung place, okay naman pala.

Princess Cut, kahit ako yung ang trip ko :hihihi: Trip ko sana yung Emerald Cut, pero mas mahal sa Princess Cut

goodluck din kapatid! well, sa paghanap ng ring. If you must know when I popped the Q, nung bday ko! Para di ko makalimutan, :hihihi:
    Thanks ;)

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    COngrats karding!

Dami ng ikakasal d2 ah!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had my fiancee's proposal ring custom-made at Elegancia. White gold and single diamond.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
engagement ring