New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Im working away from my family here in mideast and can't wait to be home around december. Im planning to buy things for my first baby. As a first time dad , can you guys give me tips or suggestions about things needed to buy like type of bottles, teethers, night lights, diapers, towels, activity play center, musical lights, etc. that are really good and important. Ive been roaming around baby shops and there are a million things that i really want to have. In a nutshell, I don't want to buy unnecessary things for my kid. Can you guys help?...Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i assume your baby has not been born yet.

i can understand your excitement. my suggestion is consult your wife or better yet, but things here in Pinas with her. try googling the list of things needed before delivery of the baby.

if your eagerness prevails, then the basics would be bottle sterilizers, feeding bottles (especially if ur wife doesnt have breast milk), a crib and stroller if you can carry that home with you.

do not but too many clothes and other items that can easily be outgrown by your kid.

and more importantly, get plenty of rest before going back home. being a a dad to a newborn is a full time job.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thanks a..magiikot nga ako ulit sa mga stores this weekend. mahirap din pag consult ang misis, una first timer din at pangalawa kontra nya ang gastos hehe. pg nalaman ang presyo sure na kontra agad. kya mabuting wag sabhin at surprise nalang.

gusto ko ung advice mo na get plenty of rest bago umuwi..napaisip ko, di lng cguro para sa baby pati sa asawa na rin. pero unfortunately, di pa pwede...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hey, congrats! my kids are now 10 and 7 yrs old. so off the top of my head the 2 most essential items are electric bottle sterilizer. oo mura yung mano-mano, kaso pag naiwan mo, lusaw mga plastic bottles mo.
    2nd item e yung digital thermometer. very convenient, tapat mo lang sa tenga for 1 sec. kuha na temp.
    sensya na tagal na e, di ko na balak sundan. good luck and congrats again pre!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Nasa list ko nga yang sterilizer at thermometer, kya lang namimili pko kung anong brand like chicco or tefal? cguro naman safe kahit anong brand since ginawa naman lahat ng to pra sa baby. .thanks dre

Anyhow, may idea ba kayo san mura ang mgpakuha ng 4D pictures? St. lukes kasi 8k, meron sa iba 4k daw?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For the bottle sterilizer, get the Phillips Avent brand, suggestion ko get the basic one, mas madali kasi gamitin eh kesa dun sa mas hi-end. Sa kama naman ni baby, bilhin mo yung Graco pack n play or something similar, di kasi practical for me yung traditional na crib dahil di mo pwede madala yun if you have out-of-town trips.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    choose a quality bag for carrying baby's stuffs

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    pag iisipan ko yang Graco pack n play kaysa traditional crib... mhirap cguro mag out of town pag ksama baby unless ksama si yaya.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1. Definitely you get a sterilizer na electric. It does the sterilizing automatically. We bought a chicco brand and still working after 3 years.
    2. Diapers you try different brands and see what suits your baby.
    3. Stroller, something you can use that is functional to your needs. When we got 1, I considered the carrying space for baby things and its ability to be folded for car/van transpo. Make sure the wheels are of good quality and will not break easily
    4. Not sure what you plan when baby sleeps at night. Between you and your wife or separate? We did for our 1st born that she sleeps between us, since my wife breast fed her. Now when your baby is a little older and becomes more mobile in bed. Be sure that your bed is not that high from the floor. Your baby may suddenly move and you will see the baby rolling to the floor. What we did is remove the bed frame and have a japanese style bed.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmon View Post
    We did for our 1st born that she sleeps between us, since my wife breast fed her. Now when your baby is a little older and becomes more mobile in bed. Be sure that your bed is not that high from the floor. Your baby may suddenly move and you will see the baby rolling to the floor. What we did is remove the bed frame and have a japanese style bed.
    Mukang maganda nga yang japanese style na higaan at least iwas aksidente. di kaya tagos ang lamig dun? takot lng ko siguro pag katabi baby, magulo kc ko matulog. dko p sure kung ok pag may pillow.. definitely kukuha din ko sterilizer. thanks pre

To all parents from a first time dad