New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para sa GU patrol. kapapalit ko palang ng shocks pero wala gaano improvement sa tagtag. Freeman suggested na mas mag-iimprove ito kung palitan ko din yung coil springs ko.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    taller springs will likely lift your ride :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes they will lift your ride. Yung shocks hindi naman involved gaano sa ride height. Their job is to dampen whell movements.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala kasi ako balak mag pa lift. gusto ko lang mabawasan tagtag sa ride.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to drive around town dismounting the shocks and let me know if that is the softness that you like. :mrgreen:

Adding a couple of inches with light duty coils will definitely change your ride handling and its stiffness.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Adding a couple of inches with light duty coils will definitely change your ride handling and its stiffness.
    better or worse?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    better or worse?
    Depends on how you judge the stiffness. Etong gamit ko heavy duty coils, I don't find it stiff but other people pointed out harsh ride. Iba-iba ang taste ng tao pag dating sa stiffness level ng suspension.

For me, it could be better if I don't load the vehicle that much, no trailers, no additional vehicle accesories weighing more than 20lbs.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    in my experience, the new patrol's suspension is harder than the old one. so if you dont want to change your springs but want a smoother ride you have to play around with the shocks set-up. this will depend on your preference. why dont you try other brands and settle for the one that suits your needs.

how you do this is a problem, maybe you can ask the store if you can try it out. or you can find some friends that have the same ride as yours but with different shocks installed.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    wala kasi ako balak mag pa lift. gusto ko lang mabawasan tagtag sa ride.
    try mo yon sirang shocks ko, guaranteed soft na soft ang ride :lol: PEACE.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are TJM Springs with standard height, they will still improve comfort and handling.

The new Patrol is definitely heavier than the old Patrol, that is why their springs have a higher spring rate (firmer). A shock upgrade will not significantly improve ride comfort.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
will higher/longer coils lift my ride?