New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Halu tsikoteers? pls help me decide ano mas magandang upgrade sa makina ng honda civic esi ko. ang nakalagay na engine ko right now is a jdm d15bvtec. and the current bolt ons are as follows:
    4-2-1 headers,
    sebring air filter,
    spoon fremuff muffler,
    lpt fuel rail
    aem cam gears,
    newly changed valveseals

san kaya ako mas makakamura? and the same time gain more power.
    turbocharge my d15bvtec? or engine swap b16? and san pala kayo may alam
    na muhasay magkabit ng turbo or engine swap. tnx and more power to tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    mas nakaka mura bro? i will have to go for turbo. reason? having an engine swap takes more time and ofcourse lotsa wires and electronics to modify or install. also. to go to the b16 route. you will be needing engine, transmission, engine support and the correspnding parts, new or modify wires to make the b16 ecu work. oh and suspension too. b16 is heavier. i think. compared to a d15+turbo hehehe.

prices (estimate) b16 engine tranny around 90t? turbo? around 80t?

b16 is 160hp on the flywheel stock. (this depend on which b16 your getting. ef, eg, ek)
    d15b turbo will surpass stock b16 on hp and will have more torque than a b16 even if modified (normally aspirated) already.

cheaper parts for d15 than the b16.
    and ofcourse theres the pffssshhh sound of a blowoff valve from a turbo engine. hehehe

in the end you have to decide on what horsepower you want to attain or 1/4mile time if you want to drag race (legally) the car. and how much money your willing to spend next time.

but for the at the moment spending. lets say 100t budget. il go with the turbo still.

by the way bro. just a reminder or an opinion. dont forget about your brakes while increasing the hp on your car. this includes wider tires (more contact with the road) bigger brakes (if applicable from an SiR front brakes or bigger etc) suspension too so the tires makes enough resistance to plant the tires on the road.

you can contact almotor of HPracing. they specialize on turbo. and honda engines. you can also go to hondaclubphilippines http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index.php? to read more on ideas about engine swap or turbo'd honda engines

almotor's contact details are there in the selling area.

hth

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Either way...hindi magtatapos sa engine work ang gastos mo.

The moment you introduce more power into a car, the rest of the car has to be ready to handle it. What good is power without control?

As mentioned, if you're serious about this, upgrade your brakes, wheels and suspension. Have the body stiffened also. EG Civics like yours are relatively old cars already and their chassis aren't as stiff as newer models. The stiffer your car, the more resistant it is to torsional (twisting) forces, and the more effectively your suspension will work.

That said, the B16A swap might require less of the additional non-engine-related expense. The engine came stock with the EG6 Civic SiR-IIs in Japan and Singapore. Yun nga lang problema mo pa yung ECU and wiring

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if you put a turbo and planning on gaining more Hp than the B16 mildly modified..youll need to upgrade your transmission too.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    tnx for the info guys! dami ko agad nalaman! i had already a 4 wheel disk break from an Sir model civic. 15 inch circuit8 rollers wraped in advan tires 195/50s. is the estimate 80t to 100t kasama na yung transmission? marami din nagsabi sakin go for the turbo, kc maraming papalitan kung inakyat sa b16's wich is heavier, hope to hear from you guys again!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i also have installed from zeecars refillable shocks, skunk2 adjustable springs, front and rear strut bars. Right now im having a paint job to be finished 3 weeks from now. scraped to metal. also have a spoon carbon fiber. will these
    things hols the car in one piece when turbo charged?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ayus. Maraming pera ah. Hehehe. Looks like you've done your homework. I suggest investing in better brake pads just to be sure. Any improvement on brakes is money well spent, IMO.

D15B or B16A? It will depend on how much power you want to make. Being a twin-cam engine the B16A will be inherently more tunable than the single-cam D15B, which was technically built for fuel economy (it just so happens to pack a big punch in some versions).

Maganda rin hatak ng D15B turbo though. Honda Club Phils' current president rides an SX8 City VTEC with a Mitsubishi TD04 turbo, tuned by Fusion R. As a daily driver it's still pretty good as the TD04 isn't too big and laggy :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Dude if budget is not a factor I'd go B16... potential is much greater. Back in U.S., B16 was one of popular entry level of tuner engines, especially among compacts. So don't go lower. SOHC was so yesterday IMO.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hello again guys, here are my researches again.
    sabi ng iba b16a upgrade is better kc, well dual cam. more tunable.
    and also pag naglagay daw ako turbo for d15b, madali daw masira? im just gonna use my car for daily drive. just wanna add some punch and power.
    or better daw, overhaul ko engine palit ako ng type pistons and everything inside that is heavy duty. oh well cant decide pa. lalabas na oto ko next wik.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    turbo dude sa 2nd hand 30k lng for d15b vtec :D sarap ng sipa hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
wich is a better engine upgrade option, turbo for jdmd15b vtec? of engine swap B16?