New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I have been hearing that some really new cars fail the tests and owners complaining. Could it be because of small particulates from the engine and exhaust system not flushed out yet since it is still in its break in phase? It is understandable that the pistons and rings have not properly seated yet specially if the car is still under the 1000 and under mileage. Does anyone have a better explanation or better yet a proven reason why? I wanna know! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malaking factor yung human tester sa emissions testing since it is their foot that is depressing your throttle. You have to do it properly. To little or too much throttle will cause false readings and your vehicle will fail.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Engine temperature also plays a factor... If its not at the optimal operating temperature, the emission level can be higher... especially on vehicles with catalytic converters (since the cat has an optimal operating temp as well). The engine tuning can also play a factor.

Or pwedeng lemon lang talaga yung kotse. :?

On a sidenote, one of the Nissanbayan members has a '91 Sentra B13 SuperSaloon with around 140K on the odo and his car registered a passing emission mark even by the 2003 (brand new car) standards.

My .002

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Malaking factor yung human tester sa emissions testing since it is their foot that is depressing your throttle. You have to do it properly. To little or too much throttle will cause false readings and your vehicle will fail.
    same reason..yan din reklamo ng dad ko...kung di mo daw aabutan (read : lagay) e todo daw kung makaapak ung tester....tsk tsk tsk...sabi nga ng dad ko...kahit ayos na ayos car mo..apakan mo ng todo uusok daw tlga...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba standard naman ang apak dapat daw 2500 ang rpm pag tinest ang auto? sa ateneo de manila ganyan ang test e. i think yung emission test to get an ateneo sticker is also good for registering your vehicle. paki-correct na lang kung mali.

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    i got my civic an emission test last feb. the car is 8 years old, abused by wife, with a 130,000 mileage BUT with a regular PMS.

It passed with no hanky-panky whatsoever.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woohoo! My one-year old Sedona just passed the emission test with a 0.99 mark, and no under the table exchange was involved

The amazing thing about it is that i took the emission test before bringing the van in for its scheduled 15,000-km PMS. Not bad for a turbocharged diesel engine, huh?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    too many factors.. but one main factor is... how often do those test centers calibrate their machines?... sa dami ng tests nila in a day.. everyday dapat calibration nyan.... unfortunately nde ganun kafrequent ang calibration ng machines nila.. hence the false readings (on some) of the new cars... mahal kasi magcalibrate nung mga machines.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I coursed my car registration thru the casa... no hassle! :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also the new car may also be a lemon. (sana huwag naman)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Why do some brand new cars fail the emissions tests?