New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mga Gurus, pa-help naman.
    My ride is a 1997 corolla xl. I had it serviced by a shop in cavite for oil leak elimination. However, after that, oil pressure indicator shows up everytime I step on the brake, at pag very slow moving at pag naka-idle. I also had the water pump changed and the engine tuned-up sa ibang shop naman.

Medyo nawala ang nginig ng makina, at medyo lumakas ang hatak niyo, pero me whistling sound na sa engine. Malakas ito pag kai-start lang, at nawawala rin afterwards, pero bumabalik din pag umaandar na pero medyo mas mahina na. Ano kaya ang dahilan nito?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Dagdag ko pa... Pabalik-balik na whistling sound sya tha lasts for about 5 secs. Tapos, pag tinanggal mo yung oil dip stick (tama ba?) lumalabas yung hangin, at nawawala yung sound... tapos babalik ulit afterwards.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    blowby na yata?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    blowby na yata?
    1. Kalungkot naman nyan. Posible rin ba na hindi maayos and pagkakakabit ng water pump, adjustment ng timing and valve clearance? kaya sya sumisipol?

2. The oil pump gasket and o-ring were also replaced, pati oil sending unit. (Posible rin ba na di na-prime yung oil pump that's why the oil pressure indicator keeps on blinking when idling and at very low speed (w/o stepping on the accelerator) or
    oil change lang ang kelangan?
    Di naman nag-so-show yung oil pressure indicator at normal speed.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzkii View Post
    Mga Gurus, pa-help naman.
    However, after that, oil pressure indicator shows up everytime I step on the brake, at pag very slow moving at pag naka-idle. I also had the water pump changed and the engine tuned-up sa ibang shop naman.
    1. maybe your oil is overheating. check the type of oil for your car bro. with regards to oil, check the quantity(liters) as well as quality(visco, api rating and then your preferred brand).
    2. is your water pump v-belt driven via crankshaft or timing belt driven. recheck the tension as well as the idle speed.
    3. oil pump is usually timing belt driven. you may want to recheck the timing belt tension. a loose or out of specs tightness of the belt may lead to the belt jumping a teeth or it may not transmit the necessary force and speed to crank the oil pump.
    4. noise at starts is usually due to engine bearings that do not have yet enough oil supply. kaya sabi mo nawawala rin afterwards (starting)
    5. if it wafts blow-by gases from the crankcase in occasional puffs, that's normal. save money if it is continuous.
    6. a whistling sound can be a bearing starting to dry out or simply a loose v-belt. also check for vacuum leaks at the intake assy

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Check mo sir ung PCV valve located sa valve cover.baka may vacuum leak(singaw) kya may whistling sound.or lubricate ung idler pulley bearing.

Whistling Sound Sa Engine