New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hi guys. I'm a newbie with cars and this site has greatly helped me since i joined. Last week, i availed of the Honda Homecoming promo where you can bring your 2nd Honda and have it thoroughly checked. I brought my 2nd hand 1997 Honda Civic VTI A/T to Honda, Pasig. After the free 112 points check-up, they gave a list of spare parts that need to be replaced right away. However, if I am going to have it fixed in the casa, I could not afford the quotation. So I decided to just buy the spare parts outside and have it replaced also outside. I would just like to ask Honda owners if you know of reliable shops and auto supply stores where i can buy replacement parts? I listed the needed parts below. Feel free also to post here if you are aware of the price for the sake also of other tsikoteers. Thanks a lot.

For immediate replacement:

Oil Pan Gasket
    Front crankshaft oil seal
    camshaft oil seal
    rear crankshaft oil seal
    oil pump o-ring
    manual valve oil seal
    torque converter o-ring
    distributor oil seal
    valve cover gasket
    lock up sound valve o-ring
    P/S belt
    Front L/R Shock unit

To be replaced at a later time:

plate light bulb
    brake light bulb
    wiper blade
    upper/lower hoses - cooling
    by pass hose/ heater hose
    joint return hose P/S
    brake pads
    LH trailing arm bushing

Thank you once again for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir may PM po ako sa kanila.

Thanks.

Jay C.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thanks dude. will text you when i decide to purchase na. are there other pick up areas aside from makati? from angono, rizal kasi ako. how about megamall?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for the seals use oem honda parts. they will last the longest and fit and sealing is better than replacement parts.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    puro pala engine parts.

i'm with mr speedyfix on this one. original honda dapat jan. the shocks you can buy outside, but those gaskets etc etc... bilhin mo sa loob ng casa. honda quezon avenue reputedly sells cheaper than most honda casas.

yung oil pan gasket is particularly tricky. there is a method sa paghigpit nyan, else, sisingaw ulit and your engine will weep oil from the underside.

your car is quite old... gastusan mo na lang sa casa yan dude, best not to take chances. kung underchassis suspension yan, a/c, oil changes and tune ups pwede kahit saan, pero yung mga critical components... well, casa talaga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thank you for the replies. I will try to inquire from Honda Quezon Ave.

* Sir speedyfix, I sent an inquiry thru your website pero wala pang reply. How much if I will have this fixed in your shop? I used to go to your shop when you were still in San Juan, across ConceptOne. You may PM me for the quotation. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    guys tanong lang. anong mangyayari sa makina pag di ko agad napalitan yung mga needed parts? dapat ba hindi ko muna gamitin hanggang di nare-repair? medyo wala pa kasi budget for that, at the earliest baka end of the month pa magawa. ok lang ba yun?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the lark View Post
    guys tanong lang. anong mangyayari sa makina pag di ko agad napalitan yung mga needed parts? dapat ba hindi ko muna gamitin hanggang di nare-repair? medyo wala pa kasi budget for that, at the earliest baka end of the month pa magawa. ok lang ba yun?
    ok lang naman gamitin pa yung car pero just keep an eye sa fluids lalo na oil mo since gaskets need replacements na. pero if you have a second car, then just use that muna.

sa parts naman you can go to HRC banawe for those. they have repalcement and OEM parts. tama sila, OEM if it comes sa engine parts para walang sisihan sa dulo. they will surely last longer than repalcements.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thank you guys for all your inputs. It's really a big help for newbies like me. more power.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Focus on those that are very necessary such as brake pads and timing belt for the timing belt I suggest go for the original because when this trips it can damage the engine and for the seals change it as well but i do not agree with the heating and cooling hose and even the bulbs they look at?? Mura lang naman bulbs and DIY lang yan magkano charge kaya ng casa dito hehe when you look at the breakdown para kang nanakawan because of labor siguro may charge pa sila removal of bulb 300 pesos installment of new bulb 200 pesos hehe sa plate number palang what more pag headlights na

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to find affordable Honda replacement parts?