New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have not read a thread on cleaning the throttle body here. So can anyone help me on my queries as to: When should I have the Throttle Body cleaned? What about interval how how many kilometers or number of months between the cleaning?
    If your car is Diesel then there's no such as throttle body. On diesels, SCV & EGR are the parts to be cleaned that are mostly affected by fuel/combustion dirt problems. There is a similarly-looking throttle butterfly near the intake manifold but it controls the engine avoiding shudder during shut-off.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Nilinis ko throttle body ng kotse ko as in binaklas ko buo yung assembly, now, ayaw na mag start.
    Chineck ko kung meron ba ako hindi naikabit na sensors or hose kumpleto naman. May redondo pero ayaw dumerecho sa start. Meron na ba naka experience sa inyo ng ganito? Ano po kaya problema? TIA

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    If your car is Diesel then there's no such as throttle body. On diesels, SCV & EGR are the parts to be cleaned that are mostly affected by fuel/combustion dirt problems. There is a similarly-looking throttle butterfly near the intake manifold but it controls the engine avoiding shudder during shut-off.
    The anti-shudder valve also closes in conjunction with the EGR valve opening to have better control of the ratio between air and EG for the intake.

This is the reason why doing an EGR delete can lead to more pumping losses and/or lower idle RPM. On the other hand, it will generally keep the intake relatively free from direct exposure to soot.

But back on topic, the "TB" on Diesels do accumulate a bit of blow-back oil residue. In time, it will attract fine particles that becomes gunk. A tiny amount won't hurt but if it becomes bad enough, it can impede the function of the "TB" butterfly valve or combine with the EG soot further downstream and accumulate on the intake manifold and intake valves.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Nilinis ko throttle body ng kotse ko as in binaklas ko buo yung assembly, now, ayaw na mag start.
    Chineck ko kung meron ba ako hindi naikabit na sensors or hose kumpleto naman. May redondo pero ayaw dumerecho sa start. Meron na ba naka experience sa inyo ng ganito? Ano po kaya problema? TIA
    anong kotse ba yan? baka nalimutan mo yung MAF Sensor ikabit.. make sure na naka install na lahat ng air intake hose kasi pag walang ma detect na airflow yung MAF hindi talaga aandar yan

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    anong kotse ba yan? baka nalimutan mo yung MAF Sensor ikabit.. make sure na naka install na lahat ng air intake hose kasi pag walang ma detect na airflow yung MAF hindi talaga aandar yan
    I just did my first throttle body clean and MAF Sensor clean using CRC MAF Cleaner. First the car wont start rumeredondo lang. Then I step on the petrol till umistart na sya.
    Nag shake munna sya then idle a little bit rough and high then nagadjust sya. I stop the car when it's hot enough then removed the battery. 15 mins after I reconnect the battery and start the car then put my handbrake on and put the car to drive and step on my brake. i watch the idle settle to relearn idle for 5 mins. I stop the engine and restart the car and drive around to check the idle at stoplight with the engine on normal running temp. The shake disappear during stoplight while on stop at traffic light. I think my problem with my auto toyota corolla which vibrates a little at traffic light gone so far. As for interval not sure how often.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Idle relearning takes longer than 5 minutes ... and it should be when the engine reaches nominal temperature ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yung MAF sensor di dapat nilinis yan.. kasi installed yan right after ng air filter.. ang nag papadumi ng throttle body ay yung PCV talaga.. kasi from the valve cover --> pcv -> hose -> throttle body na.. dyan galing yung oil kaya madumi throttle body

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yung MAF sensor di dapat nilinis yan.. kasi installed yan right after ng air filter.. ang nag papadumi ng throttle body ay yung PCV talaga.. kasi from the valve cover --> pcv -> hose -> throttle body na.. dyan galing yung oil kaya madumi throttle body
    So ano ang gagawin sa PCV, para di magdumi yung throttle body?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    So ano ang gagawin sa PCV, para di magdumi yung throttle body?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Dyan ka mag install ng oil catch can.. to trap oil mist coming from the crank case

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    THIS IS NOT TRUE ... The MAF sensor needs to be cleaned occasionally using contact cleaner ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
When should I have the Throttle Body cleaned? Interval how how many kilometers or number of months?