New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    5,000 km is reasonable. As to the 3-4 months interval, this depends on a lot of factors -daily driven in heavy traffic, pulling and carrying heavy loads, etc.

However, there is a cheaper way to unequivocally determine when change is imminent---look at the physically condition of the engine oil. How many of us regularly open our hood to find out?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sir, i regularly check the condition of the oil (once a week) via the dipstick.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    With due respect, buhayin ko lang ang thread na ito...

I use Top 1 HP, synthetic blend motor oil 20w50 for my 2nd Gen 4AFE, over 5 months na siya pero a little over 4k kms pa lang mileage. Nag-experiment ako sa mga low priced oil filters starting with Toyota OEM C110 which I used for 4 months, then, AGL auto filter cross ng OEM for a week, next is ViC C110 for two weeks and at present, slightly bigger diameter and longer Bosch OT 043 (cross ng OEM Toyota C113). Sa ngayon, maganda ang viscosity at light brown na ang color ng oil, smooth ang feel between fingers until now. Does this means, pwede pa use until 5k kms or paabutin ko 6 months?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Most car enthusiast will tell you that "your eng oil is as good as your oil filter". This is very true. So invest in a good quality oil filter & buy a reputable eng oil brand acc to your budget with a viscosity that is recommended in your owner's manual. I'm more comfortable with oils that turn dark after a few thousand km mileage than the ones that remain transparently clear. The reason is very obvious...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Most car enthusiast will tell you that "your eng oil is as good as your oil filter". This is very true. So invest in a good quality oil filter & buy a reputable eng oil brand acc to your budget with a viscosity that is recommended in your owner's manual. I'm more comfortable with oils that turn dark after a few thousand km mileage than the ones that remain transparently clear. The reason is very obvious...

considering that quality oil filter is cheap. it is wise to invest in one.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I'm considering changing oil and filter exactly on the sixth month, that's in three weeks from today, already bought 4 liters of Caltex DGU and B131 Baldwin oil filter, will test it for 8k OCI.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjoseph View Post
    I'm considering changing oil and filter exactly on the sixth month, that's in three weeks from today, already bought 4 liters of Caltex DGU and B131 Baldwin oil filter, will test it for 8k OCI.
    ano ride mo?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    ano ride mo?
    1996 Corolla GLi

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Had just done the CO&F of my Corolla GLi at 125,667 kms. Saw the big difference in color and viscosity as when I'm checking it via dipstick, much darker at malapot talaga. Used Baldwin B131 and 3.5 lts of Caltex DGU, a little over when checked sa dipstick after a 5 minute engine run. Hope to make a 9k km OCI with this combination, that's approximately in 9 months . . .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

pwede naman mas matagal na OCI pag gasoling powered engine compared to diesel engine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast