New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo,
    It's being used by Mitsu casa sa Oliveros made in Germany daw iyon. I forgot the viscosity and rating. Ung kasi lalagyan di ko na nakikita after change oil. Pero recommended naman nila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako, every 5K... be it a gasoline or diesel engine... synth or non-synth (i dont use synth anymore, mo money).

IMO, try not to push the synth over 7,000km given our driving conditions (hot, traffic, and dusty)... I've seen some premature overhauls and sludge problems caused by long/prolonged drain intervals.

Some Nissan casa's already advise the owners against going synth in their rides because of the problems they have encountered since the owners have not followed the proper oil change intervals with the belief that sythetics can be changed at prolonged intervals. Synthetics may keep their viscousity/lubricating properties longer then conventional mineral oils but it will still be absorbing the same amount of dirt from the combustion and wear process on the engine... using the same oil filter that is used with mineral oils. Should you want to use the synth for around 10,000km or so, do change the oil filter every 5000km at least.

My .002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Every 5,000 kms.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    wombat,
    Suggest you ask for the oil containers from the casa after the service. This will tell you some specs on the oil and also, retrieve any excess oil (that's paid for) which you can use for topping up.

vinj,
    Which synth oil did you use before? Which synth oil gave sludge/ engine problems on nissan vehicles?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    How does this oil perform in your TD42? What difference did you notice?
    I haven't compared it yet, since we got the vehicle only 8 months ago. Twice ko pa lang napa change oil ito using the same brand.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for my diesel, 5000kms interval for mineral based. Im gonna go synthetic next time around :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    vinj,
    Which synth oil did you use before? Which synth oil gave sludge/ engine problems on nissan vehicles?
    Valvoline synth on a Nissan Cefiro and Sentra B14... Mobil 1 in an Altima. The one in the Altima could not be attributed to the Mobil 1 oil outright since it was a second hand car (thus there's no idea on what the previous owner did/used). Sludge problems dont come out right away but occurs if the practice of extending the drain interval for a long time over a series of oil changes.

What the shops and casa should do is to advise that synth oil can still be used but they should not prolong the use beyond regular PMS services (give or take 2000-3000km). What's happening now in the casa is that there are circulars that have been issued stating that using synth will void the warranty if a related problem occurs and that its bad for the oil seals and stuff (hasty generalizations IMO... not nice).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano bang magandang synth pang diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    I haven't compared it yet, since we got the vehicle only 8 months ago. Twice ko pa lang napa change oil ito using the same brand.
    8 months palang Beast mo? :roll: bilis mong nag modify ng kung ano-ano sa safari mo a.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    8 months palang Beast mo? :roll: bilis mong nag modify ng kung ano-ano sa safari mo a.
    My primary plan was just to lift the suspension and taler tires para pag tag-ulan at baha dito sa amin. All other mods was not part of it. 8O

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    My primary plan was just to lift the suspension and taler tires para pag tag-ulan at baha dito sa amin. All other mods was not part of it. 8O
    sooo.. dat how it works.. napapadame ba mod ungas? :lol:

sori OT ult,. 8O

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What's your change oil interval for diesel rides?