New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I've read a lot about CRDI engines in this forum, mostly negative..Whats the most reliable diesel engine out there anyway?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tsaka yung hindi maselan..Kasi diba ang impression sa diesel engines no hold barred workhorse!! Impression ko sa new diesel engines masyado na pa tweetums..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai CRDi engines are quite reliable. Haven't seen their CRDi engines emit much smoke, nor have I heard problems about them. Their TDIC engines, well, that's another story. But that's also perhaps due to maintenance, or rather, the lack of it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The biggest strides in diesel engine technology emanated from Europe. (The US is lagging behind by a 'decade'). I understand that MB vehicles here were already running CRDi years back.

:starwars:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've actually seen one Hyundai CRDi emitting black smoke, but that was under full-throttle acceleration... and it wasn't much.

So far, amongst modern CRDis, Toyota seems to be suffering the most from fuel quality issues. Isuzu's previous Trooper engine was supposedly problematic, but the current Alterra engines seem to be holding up pretty well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've actually seen one Hyundai CRDi emitting black smoke, but that was under full-throttle acceleration... and it wasn't much.
    Ours did once, but it was white smoke. Nabigla lang ata, coz bago pa yun nung ginawa ko. Hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So far, amongst modern CRDis, Toyota seems to be suffering the most from fuel quality issues. Isuzu's previous Trooper engine was supposedly problematic, but the current Alterra engines seem to be holding up pretty well.
    The Trooper was more of a smoke belcher than the CRDi Starex. I've seen quite a few that blew black smoke during acceleration. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about the Alterra engine. It's holding up quite well indeed.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ours did once, but it was white smoke. Nabigla lang ata, coz bago pa yun nung ginawa ko. Hehehe!

The Trooper was more of a smoke belcher than the CRDi Starex. I've seen quite a few that blew black smoke during acceleration. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about the Alterra engine. It's holding up quite well indeed.
    kasi..they experimented on the 4jx1 trooper..so lahat ng palpak..inayos na nila. at the expense of us owners. huhuhuh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the Alterra's Engine is the best...trailing close is Mitsubishi's 4d56 crdi. Isama na din ang crdi's ng hyundais.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Renault's dCi is the best.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Kia Sorento, no problem reported. Reaped several international awards..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Whats the most reliable CRDI engine in the market?