New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wanna know in your opinion, especially the diesel guru's what is a good brand of diesel oil that's fully-synthetic.

No real off-roading for me, just lots of high-speed highway driving and towing / carrying heavy loads.

Any suggestions/comments will be much appreciatted.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the cheapest Synthetic Diesel oils.
    1. Petron Rev-X All Terrain
    2. Top 1
    3. AC Delco

Premium Diesel Synthetics:
    1. Mobil 1/ Delvac 1
    2. Mitsubishi XP Synthetic
    3. Castrol Synthetic (forgot actual name)
    4. Pennzoil Syntron (forgot real name)
    5. Valvoline
    6. Fuchs
    7. Elf

Note. Always look at the API And SAE rating of the diesel oil and it must meet the requirements of your vehicle. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang peyborit ng mga tao dito ay iyong Delvac1 ng Mobil. Pero ako hindi pa rin nakakabile. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roydok,
    un mga cheap oils... are they good? (top1)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RS, I'd go for Mobil Delvac One when it comes to diesel synth oils... I currently use the non-synth Mobil Delvac on my ride.

As for availability... it's cheaper if you get them in the PX Stores in Cash and cArry then in the car shops.

They also sell at a good price in Capital Industries along Santolan Road but you have to buy it per box (6 per box). Nismo also got his Delvac from there before.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dieselNUBI,

I personally have not tried the diesel synthetics of Top 1 pero from what I have heared ok naman. The premium diesel synthetics like Delvac 1, etc.. definitely offers the best option for you. For the cheaper synthetics, it's priced in between the premium synthetics and the conventional oils. So it may be safe to say it's performance may be in between the two. The choice primarily depends on the budget. The inportant thing is that you regularly change your oil and filter every 3 months or 5,000 kms. And your choice of oil meets your manufacturer's minimum API rating and SAE viscosity.:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, I tried Delvac nga bafore in our previous diesel rides and it seemed ok naman. Its only now that I have my own diesel ride na binabantayan ko na mabuti what I use / put. Thanks guys!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    RS,

Top 1 15w40 is only a semi synthetic oil inspite of its name(synth diesel oil). I've confirmed this with the distributor, that's why it's cheaper.:o

Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 is still the best, and you can really feel the difference. I'm studying Petron's 5w30 synth oil for possible use in the trooper 3.0TD.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    last week i tried top1 sa d4d innova namin. i used top1 kasi subok na toh ng cousin ko sa crosswind nila. tska every 5000 kms. pa rin naman ang change oil ko so sana ok na toh. im just not sure kung my negative effect toh sa d4d in the long run. does anybody here knows kung san available ang amalie elixer aside from casa tsaka kung magkano?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What's a good fully-synthetic diesel oil?