New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    usually Castrol ang gamit ko pero nung weekend on my change oil nahirapan ako maghanap nito sa mga auto supply. mahal na daw kasi at hinaharang ng castrol phils ang mga shops na mag-import.

my suki recommended either Polo XT or Top 1 engine oils. Both are from US and can be used for both diesel and gas engines. Anyone here tried these brands?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i tried using the top 1 synthetic oil on my last oil change (2 weeks ago) and so far naman okay siya but didn't feel any difference though. My mechanic highly recommended it.

any reviews or comments for top1 oil that you guys want to share?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Top 1 is not a full synthetic oil, only a synth blend. Polo or Top 1 just buy their base oils and blend in their additives.
    IMO, it would be safer to use an oil from a known oil supplier, a bit more expensive but less worry.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It doesn't say on the Top1 label that it is just a synthetic blend so in a way it is misleading it's users.

I agree that it is better to use oils from known brands. I will keep this in mind next time.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i wasn't impressed with those brands. nung inalok sa amin super dami incentives for us just to push the products. parang they have to pay their way into the dealers. i always stick with the big guys... think you should do the same.

what can you say about Top and Polo engine oils?