New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi newbie here. Would just like to get an input regarding other 2nd gen vios owners out there.

This weird sound annoys and worries me whenever I'm driving, especially during revving the car. It's like the engine is not timed right. Yung tunog niya parang butas na tambutso kapag nagrev, hindi naman sobrang lakas pero noticeable talaga siya even when the sounds are on.

I have already forwarded this problem to the casa but I doubt they even checked it properly since they said it's just completely normal. How can they say that when this sound was not even present in the past. They even said that it's because of a mixture in the gasoline. That just doesn't sound right.

Hopefully somebody shares the same problem with me and may want to share their experience also.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It could be your fuel. That could be your engine knocking.

Finish up your current tank of gas and then fill up with fuel from another gas station with Blaze, V-Power, XCS or any fuel that is hi-octane. Half a tank should suffice. Drive it for a few days and see if the problem goes away.

If it goes away, you may have filled up previously with contaminated or low-octane gas. If the problem persists, then it's probably something else.
    Last edited by oj88; August 5th, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pa check mo rin kung tama engine timing ng sasakyan mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    + 1 kay pareng speed. Baka masyadong advance ang timing.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    It could be your fuel. That could be your engine knocking.

Finish up your current tank of gas and then fill up with fuel from another gas station with Blaze, V-Power, XCS or any fuel that is hi-octane. Half a tank should suffice. Drive it for a few days and see if the problem goes away.

If it goes away, you may have filled up previously with contaminated or low-octane gas. If the problem persists, then it's probably something else.
    Good day! I've been using XCS (from shell unleaded to XCS). May usap-usapan nga pong yung ibang station ng petron eh contaminated yung gasolina nila. How true is this and posible kayang victim ang car ko? I've been gassing kasi sa mga Petron sa Las Pinas (near Zapote, Verdan, and Bf resort).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Pa check mo rin kung tama engine timing ng sasakyan mo.
    Hi sir speed! If it's not a bother to you, can you provide me with more details with this 'timing' ng vios? Bale kung ano dapat yung titignan at gagalawin sa vios (kung knowleadgeable ka lang naman po sa vios). Di kasi ako familiar sa mga ganyan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Good day! I've been using XCS (from shell unleaded to XCS). May usap-usapan nga pong yung ibang station ng petron eh contaminated yung gasolina nila. How true is this and posible kayang victim ang car ko? I've been gassing kasi sa mga Petron sa Las Pinas (near Zapote, Verdan, and Bf resort).
    It's a distinct possibility. It's been raining like crazy for several weeks now. May possibility na natyempuhan yung auto mo.

Kaya suggestion ko, sa ibang gas station ka muna magpa-karga, para lang ma-isolate kung bad gas lang ang problem.

Regarding sa timing, this is not for everybody. I suggest pa-tingin mo nalang sa casa or a reputable talyer. Pero, VVTI na yan, right? Baka di na talaga kailangan ng manual change ng timing. Usually, bahala ang ECM sa pagtimpla ng lahat ng parameters (A/F ratio and to some extent, timing among others).

Weird sound from revving engine while driving - VIOS