New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Please count me in

Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    WHO IS INTERESTED TO ATTEND WATER METHANOL EYE BALL EVENT.
    1. 4JGT-TC
    2. NAP123 (sa trooper mo demo installation.)
    3. diesoline
    4. trekker_1967 (like to purchase one set)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Some questions on how to order came up.

Just sign up on the site www.alcohol-injection.com

You will be ordering the Universal Stage 1 kit (Low boost) 2-12psi

or the High boost (12-30psi) kit

DO NOT ORDER THE DIESEL KIT (That is for US version TDI engines only)

In the comments section put (M2-M3-M5 NOZZLES) This range covers all passenger vehicles there)

Once you get to the check out and after the card info is entered, Put in the code: salamat and hit redeem this will auto adjust the Price and shipping to the discounted price. the proceed with check out. Paypal is not excepted from the PI on the site because of the security settings.

PAYPAL USER

Send payment of 195USD to sales*alcohol-injection.com

Subject: Philippines group buy

In the comments section : Universal Stage 1 kit M2-M3-M5 nozzles
    Code: Salamat

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [SIZE=+1][SIZE=4]257495.04 km 30PSI of boost and alcohol injection. This is a 3.8 Liter motor use in the Buick Grand National.

Notice almost no carbon on the valves, combustion chamber or piston tops.
    [/SIZE]

Enough said.

Compare to no alcohol injection

[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    dvldoc - very nice almost 0 carbon deposit in the combustion chamber,, can you pls post also some pics of the crankshaft main bearings and crankpin bearings or connecting rod bearings of that Buick grand national engine?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by srbogoy View Post
    dvldoc - very nice almost 0 carbon deposit in the combustion chamber,, can you pls post also some pics of the crankshaft main bearings and crankpin bearings or connecting rod bearings of that Buick grand national engine?
    This particular engine blue a oil cooler line and trashed the cam, He never took pics of the bottom half before the rebuild. sorry. Alcohol injection would no effect on those areas of the motor since its not in the combustion chamber on intake track.

I'd post some EGR valve pics but looks like I am maxed out on links for this thread.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Have tested the water methanol injection on a trooper with a 4JG2-TC. My main objective is preserving my engine components especially on up hill run with loaded passenger/cargo and not for racing or speed.

What I have noticed most is the colder exhaust gas temperature. This is significant because at 1200F aluminum components will weaken and prolong operation under this temperature will melt it.

On activation on city roads i didnt quite feel the benefits because I drive light on the throttle but once on the open highway I felt the added horses.
    I will recommend an on/off switch inside the car so you can turn it off when you feel its not needed to preserve the methanol on your tank.

What i enjoyed doing is run it at a high speed and switch the meth without altering the throttle it does zoom. You will also have blue colored exhaust when activated.

I use everstar wind shield washer(no idea on meth% because its not written on the label). I plan to use other proposed fuels, nozzle sizes, psi/bar setting this coming days.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; February 18th, 2008 at 12:09 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Glad your enjoying your system. Most people compare the kick on a turbo diesel with the kit is like a small shot of nitrous on the vehicle. I'm sure you noticed right away the truck boost up faster and the power comes on quicker and does not go away at the top end.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dvldoc,

Ok. I'm interested. What are the power gains on a naturally-aspirated diesel? If the system is activated by boost, how will we turn it on a non-turbo motor? My 4.2-liter diesel Patrol is stock except for propane injection that's activated by throttle travel.

On a 2008 3-liter common-rail diesel Ford Everest boost is ECM controlled and can't be easily turned-up, will there be any gains if boost is simply left at stock level?

Also, why the Universal kit and not the Diesel Universal kit?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic318 View Post
    dvldoc,

Ok. I'm interested. What are the power gains on a naturally-aspirated diesel? If the system is activated by boost, how will we turn it on a non-turbo motor? My 4.2-liter diesel Patrol is stock except for propane injection that's activated by throttle travel.

On a 2008 3-liter common-rail diesel Ford Everest boost is ECM controlled and can't be easily turned-up, will there be any gains if boost is simply left at stock level?

Also, why the Universal kit and not the Diesel Universal kit?
    N/A Diesels see around 10% gains, You can loose the propane injection it's really not doing much for you on a non-turbo diesel and your not getting any of the other benefits of the alcohol injection like cylinder washing, lower EGT's, propane does help reduce emissions by giving you a complete fuel burn but does almost nothing for temperature drops for the intake nothing close to alcohol injections 100F to 150F drops and reduction in EGT up to 300 degrees depending on nozzle size. You can use the same type of activation switch to activate alcohol injection.

You should have put the propane injection on the Everest you'll pick up great power add the water injection and it will be ridiculous power with no draw backs. Your PCM will make the adjustment of giving you full timing all the time if it has a IAT sensor (Incoming air temp) sensor.

With turbo diesels there really is no tuning needed, you will gain 20% to 30% HP depending on your mix % and nozzle size and pretty much all of them.

You want the Universal kit because our diesel kits are set up for American displacement engines and trucks. were talking 5 to 6 liter V8's here making 3 times your hp and 4 times your torque. The nozzles size it comes with would drown your engine. You can order that kit if you wanted you would just have to go through the extra trouble of requesting the correct nozzle sizes for your application. Yours a M3 or would be around your size, on the everest i believe thats a 2.5 liter with a air to water intercooler.

HERE is our nozzle calculator. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/for...calculator.exe

Here is the operating pressure of the nozzle sizes you would use on our pump.

To inform advertise pump pressure is only what kind of pressure switch is on the pump, Nozzle size determines pump pressure.

M2 230psi M2=2 gallon Per hour or 126ml/min*100psi
    M3 225psi M3=3 gallons per hour or 189/ml min*100psi
    M4 215psi M4=4 gallons per hour or 252/ml min*100psi
    M5 190psi M5=5 gallons per hour or 315/ml min*100psi

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    [QUOTE=dvldoc;1011910]N/A Diesels see around 10% gains, You can loose the propane injection it's really not doing much for you on a non-turbo diesel and your not getting any of the other benefits of the alcohol injection like cylinder washing, lower EGT's, propane does help reduce emissions by giving you a complete fuel burn but does almost nothing for temperature drops for the intake nothing close to alcohol injections 100F to 150F drops and reduction in EGT up to 300 degrees depending on nozzle size. You can use the same type of activation switch to activate alcohol injection.

You should have put the propane injection on the Everest you'll pick up great power add the water injection and it will be ridiculous power with no draw backs. Your PCM will make the adjustment of giving you full timing all the time if it has a IAT sensor (Incoming air temp) sensor.

With turbo diesels there really is no tuning needed, you will gain 20% to 30% HP depending on your mix % and nozzle size and pretty much all of them.

You want the Universal kit because our diesel kits are set up for American displacement engines and trucks. were talking 5 to 6 liter V8's here making 3 times your hp and 4 times your torque. The nozzles size it comes with would drown your engine. You can order that kit if you wanted you would just have to go through the extra trouble of requesting the correct nozzle sizes for your application. Yours a M3 or would be around your size, on the everest i believe thats a 2.5 liter with a air to water intercooler.
    [QUOTE]

Yup, not much gain with propane injection with a N/A diesel only 10% rwhp as measured on a roller dyno for my 4.2 diesel Nissan Patrol. Engine temp does go up at sustained full-throttle. But, hey, it's already there and propane/LPG is cheap. If water/alcohol injection can drop temps and reduce diesel knock maybe I can turn up the propane regulator a bit and see more gains. If I get 10% more rwhp just by adding water/alcohol injection then I'd be happy with that. Nitrous should help too if I can increase fuel delivery but that's a different story.

4x4 Everests now have 3-liter common-rail diesels that pump out 156hp and 380Nm (280 ft-lbs) of torque. Yes, it's turbo-intercooled.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Water/Alcohol injection Turbo Diesel use