New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mine is a Crosswind XUVI A/T, (4JA1-L with turbo but not IC). WIll this kit be applicable to my ride? I'm very much interested.

1. 4JGT-TC
    2. NAP123 (sa trooper mo demo installation.)
    3. diesoline
    4. niwde11
    5. 20vanda01

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I replied to you in the other thread on your motor, but yes this works on any Turbo diesel, turbocharged or supercharge gas engine and high compression N/A motors. Even regular diesel will benefit from the elimination of carbon build up, reduced emissions, reduced engine temps, reduced intake temps, (were talking ice cold on the hottest day)

You have to look at alcohol /water injection like this it is basically a chemical intercooler plus race gas. Methanol in biodiesel is what gives it its kick but it is delived in tiny amounts and the cooling effect is not there. For turbo diesel vehicles the gains are big thats why we can say with confidence you will see at least 20% increase in your over all hp, Tq numbers will be even higher. You can tow more, ect..

Plus you will out right destroy the exact same vehicle in a race.

For those that don't have a intercooler why pay 30,000P for one when you can have twice the performace for 1/3 the money. If you have one well it works all the better, You could actually just scrap it and the car would be faster because no pressure drop of running it through the intercooler thats how well it works.

And we can tell you now, the top mount intercoolers on most vehicles there are pretty much worthless unless your on the highway because they become heat soaked and loose much of there efficiency very quickly.

With alcohol injection you have non of the heat soak and all of the power on tap at all times.

Were extreamly excited to bring this to the philippines not only will it improve alot of peoples vehicles, make them run much longer and better but its also a huge improvement to the pollution problem. I see way to many scam products there that promise HP, Gas mileage, Reduced emmisions 99% are completly without merit. Were confident enough to bet 1000P to anyone who buys a kit and installs it at the meeting will not be able to wipe the smile off there face when they feel the difference.

Hope to see you out there on the 22nd.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    WHO IS INTERESTED TO ATTEND WATER METHANOL EYE BALL EVENT.
    1. 4JGT-TC
    2. NAP123 (sa trooper mo demo installation.)
    3. diesoline
    4. niwde11
    5ADAMSAPPLE(Toyota Hi ace super custom (JDM) 2L engine)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    diesoline is the other demo vehicle, it's a 2.9l TDI Kia plenty of room for ride a longs so everyone can see the power difference on the two vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tanong lang po. diba sabi nila hindi mabuti yung superheated metal to be exposed with cold water immediately?

gusto sana akong sumama peru malayo ako nakatira.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Have some questions:

1)does this work on CRDi engines?
    2)if I install this kit does this device need refills since you mentioned there's an on and off switch?
    3)what other devices do I need?
    4)can this be used on a modified diesel engine? (chipped ECU, bigger intercooler...etc)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMAN View Post
    Have some questions:

1)does this work on CRDi engines?
    2)if I install this kit does this device need refills since you mentioned there's an on and off switch?
    3)what other devices do I need?
    4)can this be used on a modified diesel engine? (chipped ECU, bigger intercooler...etc)
    Great question

Chipped vehicles gain even more power than they had before, this is how chipped or reprogrammers work, They add fuel, ignition timing, and boost, these things all add power but they all add extra heat (Exhaust gas temps) These will increase. This is one of the things that leads to engine failure and turbo failure.

[SIZE=-1]EGT is an indication of how hot the combustion process is in the cylinders, and the amount of “afterburning” that is occurring in the exhaust manifold. EGT is also directly related to the air/fuel ratio. The richer the air/fuel ratio in a diesel, the higher the EGT will be. Alcohol/water leans out the mix and reduced the temps by up to 121C or 250F. This is one area that you are picking up way more power.

Alcohol injection is not just about being faster, it means your vehicle will run better, run longer and you can run it harder. Reducing exhaust gas temps and carbon elimination alone will make your engine last much longer with much less time in the shop. How many of you have replaced EGR valves. That problem is eliminated because it will be kept spotless with a kit running on your vehicle.
    [/SIZE]

Alcohol/water injection works on any internal combustion engine [SIZE=-1]and will give you the same gains as any other turbo diesel common rail direct injection do not play into how the alcohol injection works. It is not being delivered through your injectors but via the air intake.

If you have a bigger IC it really makes no real difference, You could actually pull it off and run a bigger nozzle and the vehicle would still run cooler and make more power because you no longer have the pressure drop of the IC reducing boost. There is no intercooler in production that can out cool alcohol/water injection period. You can can go full throttle for a Kilometer pull over and touch your intake if your running alcohol injection and it will be ice cold. And when I say I cold I mean ICE COLD, no matter how hot it is outside.

Yes you have to refill the system, a 4 liter tank will last you about a tank of gas depending on how you drive. Our system is made to tap your stock washer fluid tank and you can use that as your systems tank and keep your full use of it. Or a I always prefer get a bigger tank for less fill ups. The GI style 5 gallon plastic Jerry cans work great. You can pretty much use any plastic tank you like. (NO STEEL, IRON,) tanks ever

Here is how it works, You have a pressure switch and you set it to how many pound of boost you want the alcohol injection to come on. If you set it at 5psi you will use more than if you set it at 8psi because the system will be on earlier. You adjust your mix ratio and set points to get the power and economy you want.

As far as what you want to run its all about availability to you, I know ACE hardware carries -20F washer fluid that is 40% methanol/60 distilled water thats the best stuff you can use if you want max power and not worry about mixing anything just pour and go. It's pretty much what I have ran for 3 years unless i am going to the track and I run strait alcohol which turbo diesels cannot go more than 50/50.

You need nothing else for the system it is stand alone, About the only thing you need to buy is a small piece of vacuum hose and a T fitting to run the line to the pressure switch.

[/SIZE] So what can you use in the system

Good old windshield washer fluid (blue kind only) others contain gycol this is the cheapest and quickest source, No harm from the blue dye.

Denatured alcohol/water distilled or filtered is best 50/50 mix about 108 octane

Methanol /water distilled or filtered the best also know as Methyl Hydrate 50/50

Isopropyl alcohol also know as rubbing alcohol/water distilled or filtered. Do not use in a vehicle mounted tank. (has a very strong odor)

All will get you well above 105-110 octane when they are introduced into your vehicle. And give you a 100% burn of diesel even the best diesel motor does not burn more than 80% of its fuel the introduction of the alcohol give you 100% burn and this is where your reduction in emission gases.

Heres a good article about the effects, You can find this stuff all day because its proven science.
    http://www.ilot.edu.pl/Journal%20of%.../02/str136.pdf

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir, I have a Sorento 2.5CRDi. Pasali po sa install demo nyo sa late March. Saan po yung venue? When I install this at kinabit ko uli yung plug and play chip ko will the chip automatically adapt to the changes or will there be problems? Magkano po for the kit and install? I just wish I'm free during that day. Need to clean my CRDi engine from smog and smell.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Saber,

It will be on March 22 Black Saturday, 1pm at Clark. Please come and join us.
    We want to see your Sorrento and the modifications you have installed.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Sir, I have a Sorento 2.5CRDi. Pasali po sa install demo nyo sa late March. Saan po yung venue? When I install this at kinabit ko uli yung plug and play chip ko will the chip automatically adapt to the changes or will there be problems? Magkano po for the kit and install? I just wish I'm free during that day. Need to clean my CRDi engine from smog and smell.
    Your chipped vehicle will just cleaner and meaner with the alcohol injection and you will just have more power than a vehicle without the extra fuel, timing and boost that those things add. You'll get alot more out of it with alcohol injection.

Kits are very easy to install. Check the two threads for the discount.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Water/Alcohol injection Turbo Diesel use