New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [SIZE=2] For those who are not aware of the benefits here it is in a nutshell.

• How does alcohol/water injection work?
    By injecting a fine spray of alcohol/water into the inlet air stream of the engine, the charge air is dramatically cooled and the effective octane of the fuel is raised. Both help to eliminate detonation — the enemy of any engine, especially those using today's lower octane fuel under boost. For turbo diesel engine you will get a 100% fuel burn and on average pick up 20% to 30% more horse power over your RPM band. Turbocharged Gas engines will on average pick up 20% more horse power. You will notice immediate gains in performance. Your turbo will spool up faster, your top end will be noticeably improved and you will get no detonation.
    What are the other benefits of alcohol injection?
    1. Steam cleaned motor, alcohol injection will remove 95% of all carbon on the inside of your engine and keep it that way dramatic increase in engine life. There is no fuel additive on the market that can clean your engine as well. This means less maintaince , were talking almost zero carbon build up on plugs combustion chambers and valves!
    2. Eliminate black smoke in turbo diesels by 95% under load.
    3. Reduce emissions making a marked improvement in air quality.
    4. More Kilometers per liter, more power at less throttle equal more liters per Kilometer.
    5. Zero detonation
    6. Intake air temperature reductions of up to 37C drop. You touch your intake it will be ice cold even on the hottest day after the system is on.
    7. Reduction of Exhaust gas Temperatures as much as 93C, which increases horsepower and eliminates detonation.
    This is the only performance modification that pays for itself. Plus a fulltime forum for questions and technical support.
    Common questions What kind of fluid do I use?
    1. Water/Methanol , no greater than 50/50 in a turbo diesel motor. Easy source for this is simple, good old windshield washer fluid -6C or +20F mix. It contains methanol and the water is distilled and is ready available.
    2. Denatured alcohol
    3. Isopropyl alcohol or Ethyl Alcohol also work just fine. also know as
    Rubbing alcohol.
    4. Methanol 118 octane, Denatured Alcohol 116 octane, Isopropyl 106 octane.

What kind of power increase will I see
    With just water you will see up to 15% more HP add up to 20% alcohol of your choosing and your gains will be up to 30% all with no down sides. Unlike all the scam devices for sales in the papers this is proven technology that works and is in use on vehicles all over the world with proven results.

The system pays for itself in performance, fuel economy and a engine that is almost 95% carbon free. There is no fuel additive on the market that can keep an internal combustion engine this clean.

Heres an example
    http://www.alcohol-injection.com/for...fits-1212.html

Let here your questions.

[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is it luck or just a lucky day!
    DVLDOC,
    Just this morning i was thinking on running my devils own meth. Its been installed for two months already but never used it yet. I even equipped it with its own switch (bought an oem hazard switch so it will fit on my vacant switchboard) and LED for low level meth (blue) pump activated (Red).

Here is my very important question. At what bar/psi will I set my switch?
    My engine is a 3.1 liter 4JG2-TC (intercooler turbo). I have a turbo boost gauge and it reads bar.

Your thread and its timing is really great. I hope to hear your recommendation and more power to your business.

J.R.Landas

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sounds like a Bighorn or or trooper. I would do your first test runs at 0.48 bar or around 7psi. Start out with a 15% alcohol mix and increase it from there along with adjusting your set points. Always remember Diesels cannot exceed a 50/50 mix. You will easily see 20% more HP and a nice kick in the butt when the system activates.

Please post up some install pics and your opinions of your gains. It amazes me more people don't run it in overseas with Turbo Diesels so common. Biodiesel has got nothing on alcohol injection its actually the methanol that is in the biodiesel that gives it that extra punch over normal diesel.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    saan ho ba puede mag pakabit nito at mag kano? ano ba ang consumption ng water/alcohol mixture in km/liter sa 2.5 and 2.8 diesel engine? any info on this? sounds very interesting...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank you sir! I will do your recommendation. Another question which nozzle should i put?
    I have posted some pictures of the install in the Isuzu Club. I think it was neatly done and no drilling. I just bolted it on existing threaded holes.
    I will show pictures of plumming, electricals and data once its up and running.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; February 11th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nozzle Areas

click pic for source link

sir 4JG, ano po gamit mo boost controller? or washer?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Thank you sir! I will do your recommendation. Another question which nozzle should i put?
    I have posted some pictures of the install in the Isuzu Club. I think it was neatly done and no drilling. I just bolted it on existing threaded holes.
    I will show pictures of plumming, electricals and data once its up and running.
    M2 or M3 nozzle. I start out with the M2 first.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
    saan ho ba puede mag pakabit nito at mag kano? ano ba ang consumption ng water/alcohol mixture in km/liter sa 2.5 and 2.8 diesel engine? any info on this? sounds very interesting...
    Consumption is based on nozzle size and where you have your turn on point, But 4 liters normally last about 1 tank of gas of normal driving. I use a 12liter tank in my trunk. I would use a 5 gallon military style fuel jerry can, they can be had cheap and easily mounted and would last for weeks.

They carry the black plastic ones there in the PI at a ot of hardware stores. You can use your vehicles stock windshield washer fluid reservior which kits come with a tank tap to use on any type of plastic tank. You want at least 2 to 3 liters tank. the bigger the better because less refills. You can run strait water and you will still see a power gain from the reduced EGT's, and intake temp drops. 10/90 ratio is a good economic mix 20/80 more power even better. Most of our small displacement Turbo Diesels run 20/80 with great results.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    Nozzle Areas

click pic for source link

sir 4JG, ano po gamit mo boost controller? or washer?
    Non progressive lang ang unit no computer or controller.
    Washer lang Sa concorde ko nabili. 5 liters 4 hundred plus

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is your typical kit most companies are pretty close to the same, We don't use the cheap plastic pressure switch like the rest and have a pretty compact controller. But push to connect fittings are the norm these days. We also use a new style electrical connectors for simple install. Stage one is your best bet for small displacement TD motors.

New style nozzles custom made can be mounted on the inside or outside of a pipe or intake manifold were ever you want to put it.

New electrical connectors
    Read about them here http://www.alcohol-injection.com/art...-connectors-3/

Typical set up tapping the stock washer fluid tank.

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
Water/Alcohol injection Turbo Diesel use