New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Wanted: oil change promo five kms from Heart Center to corner Kalayaan & V. Luna, or the area bound by Kalayaan, Kamias, Edsa, and East Avenue.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

My home is in Malakas Street, behind the Heart Center in East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.

My last oil change was at Petron gas and service station in Quezon Avenue near National Bookstore as you drive from corner Araneta Avenue toward Edsa.

Yrreg

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may shell station dyan sa may mindanao avenue intersection corner agham road diba. that road going to trinoma.
    mind if i ask bakit ayaw mo na dun sa petron na pinagpalitan mo previously?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hindi ko ma gets ang thread title.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i suggest, stick to one reliable shop.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Hindi ko ma gets ang thread title.
    baka kunektado sa isang thread niya.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    so whats his question?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think he wants to know if there's any place that offers cheap/promo for an oil change within 5 KM of his location.

The post really reads oddly though.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    may shell station dyan sa may mindanao avenue intersection corner agham road diba. that road going to trinoma.
    mind if i ask bakit ayaw mo na dun sa petron na pinagpalitan mo previously?

Because I used to pass by there often, but due to change of life's circumstances I no longer pass by there except rarely.

Cheers.

Yrreg

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    so whats his question?

My concern is to save money: I am a retired professor living now on my savings and my pittance SSS pension -- and hope that they last me until my last expense in the hospital -- plus the funeral and burial.

Yrreg

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I think he wants to know if there's any place that offers cheap/promo for an oil change within 5 KM of his location.

The post really reads oddly though.

I have been driving and doing diy maintenance and repair of the cars I have ever owned and used in my lifetime since when I was 14 years old.

I never spent for luxuries for my car, but I keep it running all the time; I used to change oil myself and the filter -- no need to flush the engine with whatever gasoline or any cleaning fluid -- not advisable to rid the engine totally of oil however old to be replaced already.

But now I am in my latter 70's still active and healthy, but now prefer to let others do the dirty job like an oil change which requires me to jack up the car and go underneath, etc.

However, changing brake pads and brakes shoes, still no trouble for me because I don't have to go underneath the car.

Promos offered by service shops and gasoline stations are not necessarily supplying cheap oil and filter, they give you at least three choices; I usually opt for the middle choice, because that is already more than sufficient for my car's needs: since I am not using it for long hours and on high velocity.

Cheers.

Yrreg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast