New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    1.3j. diba manual lang ang j models? Or may j premium na automatic ba?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Sorry sir 1.3J Manual po Vios ko

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    fuel filter?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMar View Post
    Sorry sir 1.3J Manual po Vios ko
    Is it only between 70 to 80kph? If you go higher than 80kph, does it disappear? If you go higher than 80, are you shifting to the highest gear? On 70 to 80kph, did you just shift into the new gear or was it specifically just to do with the speed? Meaning say if you stuck with 4th gear and floored it to climb to 70-80kph range, does it still experience jerking, same when you do that speed when on 5th gear?

You might be seeing my train of thought here. I am wondering if it is less to do with the engine, and more to do with the transmission slipping, maybe. I am not sure. I'm just hazarding a guess. Because the speed you mentioned is too specific. If it were based on the engine, i would expect it to present within an rpm range, instead of a speed range.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Is it only between 70 to 80kph? If you go higher than 80kph, does it disappear? If you go higher than 80, are you shifting to the highest gear? On 70 to 80kph, did you just shift into the new gear or was it specifically just to do with the speed? Meaning say if you stuck with 4th gear and floored it to climb to 70-80kph range, does it still experience jerking, same when you do that speed when on 5th gear?

You might be seeing my train of thought here. I am wondering if it is less to do with the engine, and more to do with the transmission slipping, maybe. I am not sure. I'm just hazarding a guess. Because the speed you mentioned is too specific. If it were based on the engine, i would expect it to present within an rpm range, instead of a speed range.
    Even if I go higher than 80kph and stuck in 5th gear the jerking still occurs. This could be a serious problem? should I go the a mechanic right away?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    1.3j. diba manual lang ang j models? Or may j premium na automatic ba?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    manual pala 🤯

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Even if I go higher than 80kph and stuck in 5th gear the jerking still occurs. This could be a serious problem? should I go the a mechanic right away?
    Well, I wouldn't just trust any mechanic. For my transmission problem with the Toyota '97 Revo Diesel (manual) as well as '07 L300 FB (manual), I brought it over to Payless Car Care Center in Quezon Avenue. I trust the lead mechanic there named Mar and he was very helpful for all my concerns with the cars.

He had also fixed the suspension of Honda City '08 i-DSI 1.3CVT and done change oil for it. But if he isn't there, I tend to be wary of the other mechanics.

This is what I would suggest. But best is to bring it to Toyota to have them do a full check to be sure since I am suspecting it is a transmission issue, not an engine issue (Disregarding what Petron did with the engine oil viscosity but do have that checked as well).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I'll try to change premium gasoline muna before going to a mechanic, ayaw ko kasi yung kung ano ano sinasabi ng mechanic na problema sa vios in the end hindi naman ma reresolved. atleast here my mga option to try. maraming salamat po sa mga inputs nyo.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I'll try to change premium gasoline muna before going to a mechanic, ayaw ko kasi yung kung ano ano sinasabi ng mechanic na problema sa vios in the end hindi naman ma reresolved. atleast here my mga option to try. maraming salamat po sa mga inputs nyo.
    the gasoline you are using whether it is the premium or ordinary is not an issue unless you are filling up from an old gas station with dirty fuels. The viscosity of your engine oil is also not an issue with regards to your engine jerking, however, it does have an effect on your fuel consumption. What is the mileage of your car sir? These are the ff that you should check:

1. Change your fuel filters (pref with OEM) if your car mileage is more than 40k km. as such change it every 40k km
    2. Did you already change your clutch system? if yes, you may have placed non-OEM parts and are the ones causing the jerking. if however, you did not yet change it and probably the clutch disc has already thinned out and the rivets are catching on the flywheel causing also jerking. But is your clutch slipping already?
    3. Did you have your engine and transmission mounts checked? if your car is high mileage, there might be one or two that has seen better days and needs changing (by experience with different cars, OEM hands down is the way to go here. No questions asked)
    4. Is your engine with COP (coil-on-plug) ignition? If so, check them one by one and change the one that is failing
    5. Check also if your sparkplugs are still ok. or if it is new, is it the one recommended in your manual?
    6. Check also your body mounts
    7. check also your front brake calipers. Is it sticking or stuck already? it might need servicing or replacing if the piston or cylinder is pitted...

good luck!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Oil is too thick ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Oil is too thick ...
    What are the best or right engine oil for Vios?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast