New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by atsuete View Post
    sorry guys for reviving a 5 yr. old thread. My car has a b16 engine, and i just saw a Vic c-805 filter at Ace hardware the other day, my question is will this fit on my engine. It is waay bigger than the 806 and a little bit taller than the 307. I would like to use larger than OEM size filters because im now using synthetic oils with 10thousand km. drain intervals, im too lazy to change my filter every 5k so im just thinking switching to a larger filter to compensate.
    try considering filtering efficiency instead of considering the mere size of the the filter.
    Heres a simple comparison to put you into perspective.

Vic filters - 87% efficiency at 40 microns
    Baldwin or Fleetguard - 98 % efficient at 30 microns
    most, OEM, Bosch, KNN, or other over the counter filters - 98% efficiency at 40 microns

so even if you use bigger filters, it doesnt necessarily mean that your oil will be less contaminated. using vic, it will only capture most particles in the 40 micron size but at a lousy 87% efficiency only unlike other filters that have better filtering efficiency. try looking for the thread here re: remote bypass filtration. that will really give you a good idea how vic filters are.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    What is the difference in terms of quality of an original VIC and fake VIC oil filters? ung Toyota OEM filters, VIC din ba talaga un iniba lang packaging?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012

Here's the poster you're looking for
    A shop in banawe is selling original for a cheap price (FOR VIOS). Here's the quote, w/mag1 oil

Full Synthetic:

Mag 1-1 Gal.- php. 2116
    Oil Filter-VIC- php. 159
    --------------

Natural:
    php. 1301
    php. 159
    -------------

FREE LABOR when you buy your oil and filter here.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    What is the difference in terms of quality of an original VIC and fake VIC oil filters? ung Toyota OEM filters, VIC din ba talaga un iniba lang packaging?
    ang toyota usually Denso yan..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm assuming that the filtration efficiencies quoted by Bayen are based off orig Vics. So kung ganyan na ka-pangit ang orig paano na kaya ang japeyks

Vic is a Japanese brand: http://www.eiken-kk.co.jp/english/
    Last edited by JohnM; October 4th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I'm assuming that the filtration efficiencies quoted by Bayen are based off orig Vics. So kung ganyan na ka-pangit ang orig paano na kaya ang japeyks

Vic is a Japanese brand: - VIC Filter -
    Yep. Given that we all discovered that our ol reliable VICs aren't that good (thanks mostly to dvldoc), just imagine how bad the fakes are.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    ang toyota usually Denso yan..

Yup, may nag sabi sa akin na same lang daw ang VIC and Toyota OEM filter. Anyway, I'll stay away from VIC. VIC is also quite pricey compared to other quality oil filters.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Yup, may nag sabi sa akin na same lang daw ang VIC and Toyota OEM filter. Anyway, I'll stay away from VIC. VIC is also quite pricey compared to other quality oil filters.
    same siguro in the way na cr*ppy.

baka ma-libel ako haha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Wag kayo paloloko dyan na pangit ang Vic oil filter,

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If there are better but cheaper filter options in the market, why not? I will buy a better filter (like baldwin, fleetguard, etc) over ViC anytime...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Vic Oil Filter