New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    So while I took off my valve cover at 111k to change its leaking gasket I took some photos. There are some oil garnish but no sludge. Is the yellowing of the camshafts a bad sign or is it normal?

Celerio 2010, I change oil every 10k/1yr with full synthetic oil. Current oil is 0w20 mobil 1 advanced fuel economy dexos1 gen2.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    yellow cam lobes? as long as the surface looks good it should be fine. that 1yr oci is not good imo. oil probably needed changing before hitting 1yr. hence the varnish

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yellow cam lobes? as long as the surface looks good it should be fine. that 1yr oci is not good imo. oil probably needed changing before hitting 1yr. hence the varnish
    The camshaft lobes looks fine to me. I'm more bothered by the dark amber colors of the camshaft retainers and the oil gallery.

I'm currently on the Mobil1 0w20 AFE, which I thought was their best top of the line Group IV/V oil. So I guess I gotta shorten that then huh. So what's a good interval to start from? 9 months?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    is this the 1.0liter celerio? the oil capacity is only 2.9L... as per motul 7500 or 6months.

if it had a bigger oil capacity, you can stretch it out like some that have 6-10L oil sumps.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    is this the 1.0liter celerio? the oil capacity is only 2.9L... as per motul 7500 or 6months.

if it had a bigger oil capacity, you can stretch it out like some that have 6-10L oil sumps.
    Got it, 7500/6mo is the official severe driving oci in the manual, and yes. 3cyl 1L engine.

Revs like a V6 though . Wayy better sounding than a Wigo or a Mirage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Got it, 7500/6mo is the official severe driving oci in the manual, and yes. 3cyl 1L engine.

Revs like a V6 though . Wayy better sounding than a Wigo or a Mirage.
    it has the gsxr dna

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    So while I took off my valve cover at 111k to change its leaking gasket I took some photos. There are some oil garnish but no sludge. Is the yellowing of the camshafts a bad sign or is it normal?

Celerio 2010, I change oil every 10k/1yr with full synthetic oil. Current oil is 0w20 mobil 1 advanced fuel economy dexos1 gen2.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk
    Havoline Pro DS - Feature 4 - YouTube
    Just watch the video, it really depends on the quality of oil imo

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    To try to get rid of some of the varnish and stain I would suggest for the mean time mag 5000kms oil change ka muna maski mineral oil lang. Especially beneficial nga considering na 2.9L lang ang oil capacity mo like what Stockengine pointed out