New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    garyq,
    Magna asia is near the mandaluyong rotunda, Call them at 534 1268. A case has 6L.

ner,
    Is that 7600km total mileage on the Xwind? If so, then you can change to full synth at 8k km or 10k km. If Isuzu used their IGMO sae40 oil, then Petron's 5w30 synth is a huge improvement on your present oil. If you don't want to spend on synth then use Mobil delvac MX 15w40- again better than isuzu's monograde for a new vehicle. But use orig isuzu oil filters to keep your warranty!

roydok,
    Thanks. There's a Petron sales outlet along the hway in Los Banos, think it's a half km before the UPLB turn-off going towards Bae. I've visited the place before and they had 5w30 in stock.

RedHorse,
    I was using a Vic air filter but orig isuzu oil filters during service period. Think you can extend to 7k km safely if on Vic replacement oil filters. I plan to replace our secondary(sub) oil filter after 10k km- but only isuzu has this type of filter.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Jackaroo,
    Thanks, Bro for the info. Next PMS ko, I'll use Petron All terrain instead of Turbo XP. I'm satisfied with the performance of Turbo XP kaso lang nakakabutas ng bulsa. With petron all terrain, I'll get the same performance at half the price....:o:o:o

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mangyan,
    Welcome. Although Petron has labelled its oil as a 5w30, the specs will pass even as a 10w30 oil. Some dealers may question the use of too thin an oil when they see 5w30 on the label.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo:::very informative. thanks for the info.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Great infro jackaroo!!!

Question lang.... at what temperature does the "W" take effect. All i know is that this is the viscosity of the oil for "winter". I was thinking since wala naman tayong winter sa pinas, di masyadong critical tong number na ito.

REVX-All Terrain na ako next oil change! Its time to treat my Paj with a synth oil! :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    afrasay,
    welcome.

pajerokid,
    True, the "w" is the winter rating but it also shows how low a viscosity it carries. In our tropical temperature, it helps by circulating the thin oil immediately after start up.
    If you were using a mineral oil with a 5w30 rating in our temperature, there is a higher probability that it will break down and solidify thus leading to engine damage. That's why some manuals don't recommend the use of such a rating in hot climates or high speed runs.
    But as the test shows, this synth oil can withstand our heat and turbos!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okidoki! :wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like this thread.. very reliable and informative

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    jackaroo,

This is a typical UOA result by Blackstone (USA), and this comes from a 1983 MB 300D Turbo:

Sample Date 5/14/2003
    Unit Age 200700mi
    Time on Fluid 3638mi
    Time on Filter 3638mi
    Fluid Maint. Changed
    Filter Maint. Changed
    Fluid Delvac 1 full synthetic (CAT) 5w-40

Iron (Fe) 22
    Chromium (Cr) 0.7
    Nickel (Ni) 1.4
    Titanium (Ti) 0.1
    Silver (Ag) 0.0
    Aluminum (Al) 2.4
    Lead (Pb) 4.3
    Copper (Cu) 0.6
    Tin (Sn) 0.0
    Silicon (Si) 5.6
    Sodium (Na) 2.3
    Potassium (K) 2.2
    Boron (B) 111
    Barium (Ba) 0.0
    Molybdenum (Mo) 11
    Magnesium (Mg) 427
    Calcium (Ca) 2096
    Phosphorus (P) 1098
    Zinc (Zn) 1176
    Sulfur (S) 4192
    Cadmium (Cd) 0.0
    Manganese (Mn) 0.3
    Vanadium (V) 0.0
    Soot(%) 0.9
    Oxidation(PA) 75
    Nitratrion(PA) 45
    Sulfation(PA) 13
    ZDDP 0.00
    Kv*100°C 14.77
    White Metal NONE
    Babbitt NONE
    Precipitate NONE
    Silt NONE
    Debris NONE
    Dirt NONE
    Appearance NORML
    Odor NORML
    H2O(Emul) NEG
    H2O(Free)

Aside from the 5 parameters that the Petron lab tested, is the lab able to come up with any of the above? From my readings, it appears that Iron, Chromium, Lead, and other heavy metals concentration in the oil sample will give an indication of wear in the engine, and definitely this info is very important for our appreciation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Used oil analysis of Petron 5w30 synthetic oil