New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Peak torque is attained when the turbocharger starts spooling. For turbo diesels, it is within 1500 to 3600 rpm. Sports mode in most vehicles is a setting when the throttle is more responsive to attain higher rpms.

For turbo gas engines, peak torque is attained between 1500 to 5500 rpm. Euro gas turbo cars tend to spool its turbo earlier (1500 rpm) while most Japanese gas turbo cars have it past 2k rpm.
    This is what I know as well. Mas gamitin na lang ang turbo at this setting.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Most of the time I only use my 2016 Fortuner in the city and only on few occasions I use it to go to province. Now since city driving is what I am used to, there were some occasions where going to the province ang cruising around 100kl/h, I forgot to turn off the engine only after 5 mins or so and instead turned it off immediately. Would this destroy my engine?

I would say that before I reach the destination and turn off the engine, I would slow down (but still running around 30-40kl/h) for about 20-15mins or so... would that be any consolation and consider the engine as having cooled off during that slow down?

I am a noob here...
    It will not damage the engine, what is at risk is... Damaging the turbocharger.

What you're currently doing (slowing down as you near destination) is good.

My practice is to "cool-down" 3-5mins (park and leave engine on/idle) before shutting down the engine, to consume turbocharger spool.

This also rationalize my smoking before going inside the house, making my wife raise her eyebrow.

Other technical answers are good. It wouldn't hurt following yes?

Will It also give me a perfect chance to smoke (my second stick)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12