New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sakin hindi ko na gagamit lahat ng 4 liters ng engine oil 3 1/2 liters lang no problem naman nasa full level na sya. baka sobrang oil nga yung nailagay ng mehcanic mo sir.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang 4ja1 yata is 5liters ang oil capacity with a change of the oil filter. did you check the oil while the engine was running?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    ang 4ja1 yata is 5liters ang oil capacity with a change of the oil filter. did you check the oil while the engine was running?
    the service manual says 4 liters, but i think it should be only 3/4 gal. no, patay ang makina when i check the oil level. its always above the full level pag 1 gal ang nalagay sa makina. sana nga, sobrang oil lang yon. thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Isuzu dipsticks will take 1 liter to fill it from low dot to high dot.
    This means if the oil level on the stick is at the mid point, it only takes half a bottle of one liter oil to fill it. One gallon plus the additive is too much.
    Saan ang level ng oil sa dipstick?
    i checked the car this morning. i had changed oil yesterday. its a little bit above the full level because it was filled with 1 gal. thanks bro. sana nga, ok lang ang engine ko. i checked other sites and found out there should be no gas/air pressure coming out from the dipstick tube. sa akin eh, meron. may hangin talaga lumalabas pag check ko ngayong umaga. ill take this car for a compression test as others do suggest.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    A gal or 4 liters of motor oil is almost above the max line including filter which is F-512. added oil treatment means you have an excess of 500 ml which is more than it could take, sobra nga baka hindi pa na-drain maige yan. as a result not only splashing but will tend to break your seals at uusok pa yan.
    Sayang….hindi baling below the max say 10-20% below wag lang lagpas.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There is a reason why this is written on my car's oil filler cap (see below):

Hopefully your engine is alright. Just keep an eye on it for now, have it drained properly. If yours has an oil cooler, it might not drain as easily so the dry volume might not be reflected in the drained oil. However, if it is, then there's your answer - your crankcase was overfilled with oil.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I suggest you drain it a little. Any level between the low and high mark is ideal. I have seen from the inside of the crankcase the dipstick and the tube that guides it. The tube is around 1/4-1/3cm higher than the high mark/dot.
    This means if oil reaches this tube, crank case pressure will force the oil to shoot. Like barrel of a gun> oil as bullets/projectile crankcase pressure as gunpowder(compressed air on airguns)

Higher than normal level will also force the oilseals work harder and eventually causes it to fail especially the main, its your call bro.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i've started observing steam and oil splash whenever i remove the oil cap and dip stick way back when the odo was still at 150k + now it's at 226k and not losing much oil between oil change intervals...madami na ung 1/4 liter na mdagdag ko and that is when i take it for long trips...so in my case, it's normal i guess...i've encountered many mechanics who have recommended overhauling it but did not do so due to lack of signs...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Take it to ASR motors

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mga sir tanong lang pansin ko kasi nung binubuksan ko yung oil filler cap habang naka-idle yung makina ng auto ko parang may pressure na galing sa loob ng cylinder head, wala naman usok pero napansin ko na may konting talsik ng langis na lumalabas, normal po ba ito? yung sa may dipstick naman ala naman oil na tumatalsik. sa usok sa tailpipe medyo puti kapag bagong start palang pero pagumabot na sa proper temp nawawala naman. oil comsumption ok naman nabawasan lang nung nasira yung crankshaft oilseal last month. plano ko pa lang din magpavalve clearance baka masolve yung problem.

any advice mga sir?

may alam din ba kayo na nagcompression test ng 4ja1 dito sa manila. sa casa malamang meron kaya lang naisip ko baka mahal?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
tumatalsik na oil from dipstick tube