I'm planning to "Do It Yourself" the timing belt replacement of my Tamaraw FX's 2C diesel engine. Maybe you might have pictures or guides on how to replace it specially the timing settings. I just want to make sure that I will not miss even one "teeth" of its timing gear unaligned. Hoping for your assistance. Thank you very much for the replies and suggestions! More power!
Chief alwayz_yummy, medyo bopol ako sa paghahanap, di ko kasi makita pictures, bale na search ko na yung mga threads about the Liteace but to no avail. I guess my restriction din connection ko kaya di ko ma view yung Pics. Request sana chief if you can send the instruction or Pics thru my email add: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks very much for the assistance!
Some techniques I used on the crankshaft pulley nut (in the absence of an impact wrench):
1. Using a long socket handle, rest the handle on the chassis then a short burst of the starter. Voila! Crank nut loosened!
2. With an assistant, hold the crank pulley with a chain wrench then loosen the crank nut. But wrap a thick cloth around the pulley to protect it from the chain wrench.
1. Never rotate the crankshaft in a counterclockwise direction (depends on engine though, some may rotate in a different direction)
2. Before removing the timing belt, align timing marks first. I used cable ties to hold the camshaft and injection pump sprockets.
3. Order of timing belt install usually is Crank-IP-tensioner-Cam
Plus you may need to renew your oil seals, tensioner bearing/s and water pump since you are already there.
Last edited by miked; June 15th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
A mechanic has replaced the water pump unfortunately there are no timing marks on the cam, injection or crank pulleys.
After the assembly, the engine took some time to start (run at idle for a few minutes then turned off the key). After the mechanic left It is still hard to start and it died. My brother filled the tank with one gallon of diesel. then it started but there is some terrible noise as if an injection noise or a high pitched metal noise.
Actually I left the mechanic with my brother and never witnessed the first or second start ( I had something important to do).
Is our camshaft or piston or valved already destroyed?
water pump timing belt driven or drive-belt driven via crankshaft?
Engines have specific timing belt assy-disassy and torquing procedures esp. on tensioning.....your "mechanic" missed something (i think)....for my part, i really don't trust any mechanic, be it a friend or not. unless he carries the necessary credentials.
search at 4x4community.co.za and toyotadiesel.com and you will find the answer.