New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I am due for a cam belt change and was just wondering are all timing belts the same for car engines (petrol)?...i understand that some has more teeth but is it all just the number of teeth in a cam belt that determines whether you can use it for your car or not...do they (cam belts) differ in width at all to make it brand and model specific?

or can i just go around and get a cam belt that s the same size and with an equal number of teeth that of the one pulled out of my car?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't just go around and look for a similar timing belt, use OEM, imho... more durable... don't skimp on it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i have a weird car..so weird that even the dealer doesn't carry it's cam belt...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mind if i ask what brand? para mas maganda, go to a reputable shop, tapos check mo sa kanila compatibility ng mga replacement belts nila...

afaik, bando is a nice brand..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    For which car? Sentra or Familia?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^could not be the sentra, sentras have chains...

baka first generation hyundai o daewoo.
    anyway, lets wait for the TS to reply.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ^^could not be the sentra, sentras have chains...

baka first generation hyundai o daewoo.
    anyway, lets wait for the TS to reply.
    My bad.. Shame on me, we had a 92 Sentra ECCS and I missed that bit of detail.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Its a hyundai tiburon..ive looked up online and it seems that it shares the same engine as with the hyundai tucson 2.0 gas and with kia sorento and sportage 05 mdl

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^just as i've thought, a hyundai.
    wala sa casa?
    siguro the best thing to do is to take it at the casa and inquire there, pero sa labas ka na bumili.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    After doing a little research found out that shares the same engine with the petrol hyundai tucson, kia sorento and sportage..will get it done over the weekend..im just surprised that people from hyundai were clueless abt the car lolz

Timing belt compatability...