New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    as experienced, choke mechanism ng carb ang may problema. have it check.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    after everything has checked out ok, you might want to check the starter itself. the starter solenoid might be sticking or have poor electrical contact. or the starter bushings might be in need of replacement.
    another possibility is, your hi tension cables might be leaking electricity and are in need of replacement. (try starting your cold engine in good darkness and see if it shows minute sparks...)
    i hate intermitttents...

but the low fuel-in-the-carb theory above, seems a very good choice.. we used to play with that a lot in our younger days.. we were aiming to maximize km per li, back when gas was 8 kesos a liter..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 12th, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    could be an old battery that is already near death. ok na siya nung pina-check mo sa motolite shop kasi nga nag-start na yung car at na-charge na siya, but overnight it might be losing charge.
    This seems to make sense. When I start the car this morning, it just cranks and the lights get dimmed and the horn is not that loud. So, I had it serviced by a nearby mechanic and told us that the battery is already busted.
    Will update you after we got a new battery within this week. Were keeping our fingers crossed that its only the battery thats causing the cold start issue.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaAsistio View Post
    This seems to make sense. When I start the car this morning, it just cranks and the lights get dimmed and the horn is not that loud. So, I had it serviced by a nearby mechanic and told us that the battery is already busted.
    Will update you after we got a new battery within this week. Were keeping our fingers crossed that its only the battery thats causing the cold start issue.
    Dapat pati charging nung alternator ma-check.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    after everything has checked out ok, you might want to check the starter itself. the starter solenoid might be sticking or have poor electrical contact. or the starter bushings might be in need of replacement.
    another possibility is, your hi tension cables might be leaking electricity and are in need of replacement. (try starting your cold engine in good darkness and see if it shows minute sparks...)
    i hate intermitttents...
    Just encountered intermittent starting problem .Three weeks na ko pinahirapan mag trace. Nakakahiya magpatulak.

Loose thread Ground Terminal bolt pala sa casing ng Starter ang problem.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snc00502.jpg  
    Last edited by Chinoi; August 13th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi, just to give an update. We already bought a new enduro battery but still the problem exist. Nung inistart po namin yung car ay inabot parin until 5 tries bago tuluyang umistart. We brought it to a nearby mechanic pero kahit po sya parang hinde alam whats the real reason behind the cold start because everytime na dinadala namin sa talyer yung car ay one click po lagi...even he on and off the engine at kahit pa patayin nya ng more than 4 hrs then pag inistart sa hapon ay one click pa rin.

We decided na hinde na muna ipagalaw sa mechanic kasi kahit sya ay hinde nya masabi kung ano dahilan and what to check dahil in good condition na po yung auto pag nasa talyer na nya.

We had an experience in our other car before but its the other way around...laging one click lang sya pero pag uminit na ang engine at inoff, hard starting na...and it turns out na busted na yung coil. So after we replaced it with a new one, problem solved.

But in our honda's case, kabaligtaran naman po ang nangyayari, thats why we are a bit puzzled kung bakit sa 1st start lang ang hard starting, pero once na umistart na ay wala nang problem the whole day. Hopefully, our gurus here could enlighten us how to finally solve the issue, every morning po kasi I need to allot 10 mins bago umalis dahil hinde agad umi-start yung car. TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuel pump kaya?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Fuel pump kaya?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing
    Maybe yes,we have had that problem before,to check it ,our mechanic make a choke attempt twice on the carb,if it start then palinisis mo carb or change your fuel pump .hth

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Your problem seems to be fuel - related. Your electricals seem to be working ok. With these carb - equipped engines trouble shooting a hard start usually centers on the fuel supply (carb, fuel filter, fuel pump), the electrical supply (contact point & condenser/igniter, HTW, sparkplug, ignition coil, voltage reg,relays) & the ENGINE TIMING...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    Maybe yes,we have had that problem before,to check it ,our mechanic make a choke attempt twice on the carb,if it start then palinisis mo carb or change your fuel pump .hth
    Sir, our carb was just overhauled and replaced the complete repair kit by carb experts in kamuning last june only. They were also the one who handled our other car's carb, kaya trusted na po namin at tested na pulido ang gawa nila. Fuel filter is also new

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast