New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My temperature gauge rises when the car (Mazda) is just idling. Btw, I only have water in the radiator. There are no leaks whatsoever.

Should I flush the existing fluid, add coolant and top it off again with water? Or can I just drain some of the water, add the coolant and top it again with water? (That's the instructions from the coolant I bought)

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even if you only have water, your engine shouldnt overheat. Are the aux fans working?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas maganda kung palitan mo na lahat ng laman with a 50/50 mix. Check mo muna kung maganda ang pihit ng aux fan mo saka kung ok pa ang water pump mo. How long have you been running it without coolant? Baka stuck-up na kasi (coolant provides lubrication for the water pump).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    suggestion lang po.
    why not try to drain the water n change it with new water. bka yung water sa loob ng radiator e fully depreciated na. if that doesnt work then try water wid coolant.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    before you drain the radiator, check the aux fan. also check the thermostat and thermoswitch to be sure they are functioning. kung barado or sira na yan sure ka na magooverheat.

Temp Rises when at Idle