New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    1. Stick to reputable gas stations.
    2. Pick ones with high activity, meaning always ubos ang stock ergo parating bago ang fuel. (So di naman masama kung lahat ng jeep dun nagpapa-gas)
    3. However, do not refuel when you see the tanker at the gas station. Why? When the underground tank has just been refilled, the sediments below are stirred because of the current created by the hose filling the tank making the chance of the said sediments to reach your car's fuel tank.
    4. Do not refuel in gas stations that are prone to flooding as flood water can seep in the underground tanks.

yun pa lang muna
    I follow all of these as well (except for num 3 which I was not aware of). I only gas up at 3 stations.

I have the impression that gas stations with mostly public vehicles as customers might not be as diligent or conscientious than those that serve mostly private vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for all your inputs .... isip pa rin ako ng isip pero wala na eh... nadisgrasya na ...

Kahit nga mag offer sila ng promo na same price ang Nitro+ sa Fuelsave dun pa rin ako stick sa Fuelsave unleaded... gonna take into consideration muna na iwasan kung sino pinaka luma sa branch nila...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Stick to just one(1) gas station preferably sea oil, uni oil or the big three(3).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Stick to just one(1) gas station preferably sea oil, uni oil or the big three(3).
    Shell gas station lang ako palagi sir... kaya nga nagtataka ako bakit ako naka tsamba...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Petron ata pinakamaganda

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Naalala ko yung classmate ko nagpagas somewhere sa pasig may halo daw kaya never na siya nagpagas dun so totoo pala yung may halo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Petron ata pinakamaganda

Gawang pinoy yun ah? hehe

Yun barkada ko sa planta ng shell for him Caltex daw pinakamaganda since imported daw yun.

Mas mataas daw standards sa abroad.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I think nasa management yan, wala sa brand.

Kung magandang brand walanghiya naman yung may ari wala din.

Gaya ni TS shell siya nagpapakarga.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    1. Stick to reputable gas stations.
    2. Pick ones with high activity, meaning always ubos ang stock ergo parating bago ang fuel. (So di naman masama kung lahat ng jeep dun nagpapa-gas)
    3. However, do not refuel when you see the tanker at the gas station. Why? When the underground tank has just been refilled, the sediments below are stirred because of the current created by the hose filling the tank making the chance of the said sediments to reach your car's fuel tank.
    4. Do not refuel in gas stations that are prone to flooding as flood water can seep in the underground tanks.

yun pa lang muna
    5. i always refuel in the morning. i read it somewhere that you get more fuel than having it during daytime and evening. as the article explained, cooler temp during the night time makes the fuel denser. pag mainit na daw ang panahon, fuel tends to produce vapor and therefore, the fuel you got when you refuel is mixed with this said vapor. may hangin daw. dont know really if this is really true. wala namang mawawala sa akin kung maniwala ako. i just did it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    [QUOTE=shelu;2135807]5. i always refuel in the morning. i read it somewhere that you get more fuel than having it during daytime and evening. as the article explained, cooler temp during the night time makes the fuel denser. pag mainit na daw ang panahon, fuel tends to produce vapor and therefore, the fuel you got when you refuel is mixed with this said vapor. may hangin daw. dont know really if this is really true. wala namang mawawala sa akin kung maniwala ako. i just did it.[/QUOTE

AFAIK, kaya mas magandang mag pakarga sa umaga kasi kung malamig ang fuel, expanded pa ito, meaning mas konte ang makakarga sa fuel tank puno na agad so less ang babayaran mo in terms of liters (correct me if I'm wrong). Kung mainit na ang panahon, nag-eevaporate na ito while filling up, meaning as
    fuel comes out from the nozzle, ung nag-evaporate dumaan na sa meter so babayaran mo yun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast