New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    What particular Honda model are we talking about here? City, Civic, Pilot, CRV?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    What particular Honda model are we talking about here? City, Civic, Pilot, CRV?

hehehe. bait talaga ni kuya Lex! thanks sa mga inputs nyo mga sir!
    2008 1.8v honda civic po unit ko... nasa 225 pa lang kse mileage ko.
    takot ako eh... kawawa naman ride ko pag bumigay kse sabi sa service
    dept. ng honda * least daw nasa 500 na mileage ko saka ko ibyahe ng
    malayo pro for sure hindi ko sya ihahataw, since girl ako... lakas naman
    ng loob ko humataw noh,hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kalokohan yan LEX ..! tito ko bumili ng starex last november then pagka december hataw na namin 3 car convoy hanngang bohol .. mas na break in ang makina kesa sa break down ..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Those who suggested that it's ok to just run the car that way, can you immediately tell if it's a good thing to do or not? I don't think so, I bet it would have felt that way either way, as the end result won't be noticeable kaagad.

Kung itatago niyo sasakyan niyo ng matagal I would just play it safe, kahit sabihin nila it's already broken-in. You can also get a second opinion at another Honda dealer, see what they have to say. But if you're itching to drive that thing then keep the revs low to play it safe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Those who suggested that it's ok to just run the car that way, can you immediately tell if it's a good thing to do or not? I don't think so, I bet it would have felt that way either way, as the end result won't be noticeable kaagad.

Kung itatago niyo sasakyan niyo ng matagal I would just play it safe, kahit sabihin nila it's already broken-in. You can also get a second opinion at another Honda dealer, see what they have to say. But if you're itching to drive that thing then keep the revs low to play it safe.
    thanks sir... for sure hindi ako mag-eexceed sa 100kph.
    that's what i wanted to know if its ok to run about 100kph.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Double post
    Last edited by number001; April 22nd, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    For major car manufacturers, they will road test (it doesn't have to be on a road, but can be on rollers) every vehicle they produce. One of the test here is to rev the engine high (hataw) and see how it responds. I personally have witnessed this being conducted in Toyota Phils. (Santa Rosa). The vehicle (Vios or Innova) would be placed on the "rollers" and they would drive it with high revs for a few minutes.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    Yung bagong-bago na Honda daw e hindi pa pwede iakyat ng Baguio kasi nasa 200+ palang mileage. ma pupuwersa daw. tama po ba ito?

kasi nagtaka ako bakit hindi pwede. e mas masarap nga i byahe yun.

inputs naman mga guru. TIA
    Thats a baloney. Ignorant in thier part are make theme less capable of giving advice. Ive never seen a car dealership that said, you cannot drive uphill just because your car still a new one. Duhhhhhhh! Smack theme in the head so you could wake theme up.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    vehicles are tested and already gone "break-in" period before leaving the manufacturing plant.. a newly overhauled engine undergoes break-in not by slow driving but running the engine IDLE for long periods of time...

cars are just like any other appliance being sold that is designed to be used normally right away upon buying it.. just like for example a cellphone.. do you need to wait 24hrs before you use it?? of course no... but you need to charge it for at least 16hours prior use.. same with cars.. you can use it immediately but do not OVER REV the engine upon leaving the Car Dealership again just like a cellphone you don't want it
    Abused upon leaving the Cell Phone Shop.. IMO you can do that ritual "break-in" if you want but i think your first 100km on ODO reading is enough for break-in period..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ah ok mga sirs... thank you very much! now i have enough idea
    about breaking-in issue. my problem now is... i still dont have my
    plate no. but i have here a certification from honda saying that;

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT THE LTO REGISTRATION OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE DESCRIBED HEREUNDER IS STILL IN PROCESS.
    THIS CERTIFICATION IS BEING ISSUED FOR WHATEVER LEGAL
    PURPOSES OR INTENT IT MAY SERVE.

wish me luck on my trip to baguio on thurs... wag sana ko mahuli,hehehe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Tama ba sabi ng sa service department ng Honda?