New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have an A/T '97 mazda familia 323. The engine cranks but it doesn't start. The mechanic checked on it and said it has no spark. The electrician checked on the distributor but it was ok. Fuses are intact and there's no corrosion whatsoever. He's assuming that there's problem with the computer box na. Wala na bang ibang pwedeng culprit? Is it the computer box na agad that we need to pull out? Diagnosis is P1,500 na and repair (kung kaya pa) is P5,500. Surplus is 20K .

Just wanna ask if it's a smart move to have my computer box checked already or there are still other steps I could do to make it start.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to get in touch with etoy 09166816177. they do ecu repair for european cars. very good in localizing faults. di agad dumiriretso sa ECU.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pacheck mo sa iba yung distributor mo. ganyan din na experience namin sa honda esi. ang pinalitan ay yung ignition coil (not sure kung ito yung tawag) at yung igniter (matchbox sized lang ito). parehas yan nasa distributor. mura lang ignition coil pero mejo mahal ang igniter.

ask around kung anong klase meron ang kotse mo: ignition coil or ignioter or both.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_harbor View Post
    I have an A/T '97 mazda familia 323. The engine cranks but it doesn't start. The mechanic checked on it and said it has no spark. The electrician checked on the distributor but it was ok. Fuses are intact and there's no corrosion whatsoever. He's assuming that there's problem with the computer box na. Wala na bang ibang pwedeng culprit? Is it the computer box na agad that we need to pull out? Diagnosis is P1,500 na and repair (kung kaya pa) is P5,500. Surplus is 20K .

Just wanna ask if it's a smart move to have my computer box checked already or there are still other steps I could do to make it start.
    As you stated that everything is okey but doesnt start. Have you check your ignition igniter? That must be the culprit.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    igniter and coil lang mga 1st culpits jan.
    try mo check sa ibang mechanic muna.

saken ndi nagccrank pero nagsstart at normal ang andar pa rin baliktad tayo hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks sa replies...

Had my computer box, distributor and ignition coil checked awhile ago and everything's AOK! The owner of one of the car shops told me that it may be the electrical wiring that's gone haywire .. he said that there might be loose connections or some should be rewired.

I was able to talk with a mechanic/electrician who claimed he's fixed a couple of A/T cars with the same problem. He's asking for P3k but he's not gonna ask me to pay him unless my car is running. He even gave me a 6-month warranty. I've told him that my distributor, ignition coil and computer box are all working properly.. Thank God he knows the persons who checked on my peripherals. if something happens to the aforementioned, it's him to blame.

However, is the fee he's asking for justifiable enough? Is P3,000 high or is it reasonable?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    just fixed a similar problem on a mazda 3 a couple of weeks ago. hard to diagnose but easy to remedy.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    my car is working now. thanks to the P3k mechanic/electrician i asked for auto service. you're right speedyfix.. twas easy to remedy. took him less than an hour to fix it.

diagnosis: rewiring... i had a lot of "malulutong na wires". he suggested for me to change my fuse box and other wires but he isn't rushing me naman. with the 6-month warranty , he said i can just buy the peripherals and let him fix it.. shempre libre na labor.

kidding aside, i guess the P3k is reasonable. when i inquired sa prince motors, P750.00 home service plus he quoted like more than 3k coz iba iba ang bayad sa wirings sa harap, sa ilalim ng dashboard, etc...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi calm_harbor... just want to ask where did u get ur car fixed. i have the same problem now with my car, also a mazda 323 automatic. the mechanic told me the computer box and distributor assembly should be replaced. i want to have a second opinion... thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi sequia! text this number 09196477199 look for gerald. Sabihin mo refer ka ni abbie ng fairview.

Gerald is an ace in mazda electrical wiring troubleshooting. Have you had your computer box and distributor checked? Don't rely on electricians/ mechanics once they tell you they'd be the one to have it checked. Be there. One more thing, libre lang pa check nun pero sa ibang mechanics, they'd charge you like P700 to a whooping P1,500.

This problem happened to me twice already.. Nung una, meron namang koryente, clogged filter lang pala (P250 lang) but the mechanic asked me to change my distributor (andun na din kasi ignition coil) which i stupidly did! and that's 4k!!! and pulled out my computer box for checking (I paid P700!) e labor pa...

Etong recently, since ala talaga koryente, rewiring ang solution.

Gerald works in a banawe shop with free computer box diagnosis. Pde kita samahan.. kung girl ka ha :D hehe..

A/T car engine cranks but doesn't start