New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    patrol - 4600rpm
    frontier 2.7 - 5100rpm

bakit kaya mas mataas ang redline ng frontier kesa patrol?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin 6000 rpm lng......:oops:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2k2 cr-v: 6800 rpm
    2k2 venture: 6000 rpm
    '96 accord: 6250 rpm
    '99 civic LXi: 6800 rpm ata

boybi,

stroke length, engine displacement (in general), and the weight of the engine parts (primarily the piston), among other things, affect the redline... the longer the stroke, the larger the displacement (in general), and the heavier the parts, the less the redline (but the higher the torque in general)...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    is that why diesel engines have lower redlines? laki kasi ng engine ng '88 patrol. I-6 tapos turbo. diesel pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gestapo,

in a way, i think. mas mabigat yung diesel engine parts kasi kailangang mas matibay ang mga ito. but i'm not sure if diesels are inherently limited to low engine speeds (like, if it's possible to build a high-redline diesel)... maybe they are...

yung stroke length and engine displacement mas applicable to gas engines since diesels inherently produce great torque even with a small displacement... yung high-torque gas engines are usually high-displacement, long-stroked, or turboed/supercharged...

Formula 1 engines have very short strokes and very light components, which help make for a 19,000+ rpm redline :shock:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    gestapo,

in a way, i think. mas mabigat yung diesel engine parts kasi kailangang mas matibay ang mga ito. but i'm not sure if diesels are inherently limited to low engine speeds (like, if it's possible to build a high-redline diesel)... maybe they are...

yung stroke length and engine displacement mas applicable to gas engines since diesels inherently produce great torque even with a small displacement... yung high-torque gas engines are usually high-displacement, long-stroked, or turboed/supercharged...

Formula 1 engines have very short strokes and very light components, which help make for a 19,000+ rpm redline :shock:
    mbt,
    thanks for the info!!! :D :D :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tataas ng redline nyo....

mine goes only to 6000 - and yes I hit it fairly often :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    7,000 rpm car is chipped

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo
    pajero - think it's 4800 rpm
    starex - 4800 rpm
    kia pride - 6800 rpm
    '88 patrol - 4000 rpm
    anong kia pride yan? yung sedan o hatchback? magkaiba kasi engine nila eh. I have a CD-5 pero hndi ko alam redline eh.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sedan. alam ko 1.3 engine ng kia pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
survey...ilang RPM ang redline ng rides ninyo?