New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I can fully relate to the thread starter coz I have a very similar experience. What I did was change fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, engine oil (mineral). Then everything was ok, pero still I experience loss of power, especially from a cold start (palabas ng bahay after an overnight standby at garage). Pero once engine is warmed ok, wala namang problema sa acceleration.

I can't blame the fuel kasi lagi akong Shell Super Unleaded. My suspect is the air filter. Is my filter due for replacement already? Because according to the mechanic, ayos pa naman, in-airblow lang to clean. I bought the car last year second-hand and have never replaced the air filter. What do you guys think?

And another thing, kahit bago lang ako change oil & everything, mataas pa rin FC ko at 8km/L city driving. When I bought the car, I averaged 12km/L city.

SOmeone suggested that maybe my problem is dirty fuel injectors (EFI). So I added a bottle of those fuel injector cleaners sold at Handyman to a full tank. RIght now, hindi pa nauubos. So i'll compute again for the FC at next fill-up and see if indeed it had improved.
    For those who have used this type of product, what's your experience, do they really work, I mean, clean your injector nozzles?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    * JAGUARPW
    The stuff you buy at the store is just an additive that is supposed to clean the injectors as the fuel goes through. I'm not saying whether a chemical treatment is worth it or not. I'm just saying I'm not willing to take the bait without full product disclosure and published laboratory test results for the world to see.

Here is a good description in an article that is aimed at the auto repair shop. The service will vary depending on where you go. Some places just clean them, other places clean and inspect the fuel system.
    http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic303...

PS. I am not a big fan of fuel injection cleaning services or anything, I have never had it done. I have never used an additive either, so I can't tell you any differences. I do know that quicky shops add this service as a quick money maker . They don't do the best job of it and they really don't know what they are doing. I would only get the service done if it was proven that the injectors actually needed it. I don't see any manufactures recommending this service on a regular basis, like the shops do. Some manufactures even say that there is no need for it.
    Using a quality octane fuel in a vehicle are at best.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thank you for the input. The linkyou gave is very informative. Anyhow, I'm leaning towards changing my air filter and see what happens. Besides, I have gone to our local Hyundai casa here and they told me they don't have the machine that cleans fuel injectors. If the EFI is dirty/defective, the entire assembly must be replaced with new one, they said

Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    * JAGUARPW
    The stuff you buy at the store is just an additive that is supposed to clean the injectors as the fuel goes through. I'm not saying whether a chemical treatment is worth it or not. I'm just saying I'm not willing to take the bait without full product disclosure and published laboratory test results for the world to see.

Here is a good description in an article that is aimed at the auto repair shop. The service will vary depending on where you go. Some places just clean them, other places clean and inspect the fuel system.
    http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic303...

PS. I am not a big fan of fuel injection cleaning services or anything, I have never had it done. I have never used an additive either, so I can't tell you any differences. I do know that quicky shops add this service as a quick money maker . They don't do the best job of it and they really don't know what they are doing. I would only get the service done if it was proven that the injectors actually needed it. I don't see any manufactures recommending this service on a regular basis, like the shops do. Some manufactures even say that there is no need for it.
    Using a quality octane fuel in a vehicle are at best.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Same story with me. Just recently my crosswind can't pass 2000rpm, and I can't hit 80kph. Pag apakan ko pa ang
    gas pedal hindi nagbabago rpm at nag cho-choke parang bitin ang fuel(kadyot). Prime suspect ko fuel filter. Air filter pwedeng linisin pa. nadismaya ako, favorite ko pa naman xwind ko. Parang kalabaw magtrabaho. Pa-casa ko na lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Same story with me. Just recently my crosswind can't pass 2000rpm, and I can't hit 80kph. Pag apakan ko pa ang
    gas pedal hindi nagbabago rpm at nag cho-choke parang bitin ang fuel(kadyot). Prime suspect ko fuel filter. Air filter pwedeng linisin pa. nadismaya ako, favorite ko pa naman xwind ko. Parang kalabaw magtrabaho. Pa-casa ko na lang.

Any vehicle will need regular maintenance to run efficiently.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by harimon21 View Post
    Tsikoteers help naman.
    Last sunday while driving sa highway, biglang-bigla on accelerating and pedalling on the gas parang nag-stumble yung engine (kumakadyot). Tapos bumababa yung rpm kahit nasa 4th or 5th gear, and nabawasan yun power. Parang walang acceleration pagtapak ng gas. Intermittently, pakadyot kadyot ONLY when stepping on the gas to accelerate to overtake o pagakyat.
    Today, normal starting naman, wala redondo on starting up di na nagstumble pero yung loss of power pagtapak sa gas very noticeable, parang i am stepping on a sponge.
    Can this be spark plug prob? (last replacement is 2 years ago) or fuel pump or fuek filter?
    Any ideas?
    Singkit 4g15 EFI po and car
    hinde basta basta nababarahan ang fuel filter ng dumi..lampasan po ang butas ng fuel filter,..pero palitan nyo na rin kung matagal ng hinde napapalitan, best way,.check your fuel tank,.kunin nyo ang fuel pump meron yang fuel strainer sa baba ng fuel pump na sumasala sa gas na hinihigop ng fuel pump,.jan nag sisimula ang bara ng dumi or tumitiklop na ang fuel strainer mo dahilan ng pag bara sa fuel pump mo,.kung walang problema check the resistan ng fuel pump mo baka busted na

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    medyo iba lang nangyari sa'yo (baka makatulong lang):
    1) eto di kumakadyot pero noticeable loss of power: FAULT = exhaust manifold leakage
    2) may kadyot at namamatay pa: FAULT = defective fuel line...hose was sucked inside that it constricted and almost block the fuel.
    3) hard to start at namamtay din, may kadyot... FAULT = fuel filter leakage and air block HTH

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Can this be spark plug prob? (last replacement is 2 years ago)
    2 years? at least replace your spark plug every year, baka maputol yan at bumara sa makina.
    sa tingin ko spark plug.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo din baka nagmisfire isa sa mga plugs mo. possible causes broken spark plug wires or oil reaching the spark plug, puede above the thread line of on the thread line istself ng sparkplug, pag may oil kasi magkakamisfire spark plug mo

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sorry for posting a duplicate. I already started my own thread. Admins could you please delete this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Stumbles on acceleration, now loss of power