New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Guys,

Nung nagpark ako sa garahe, sabi ni misis medyo mahapdi sa mata ang gasolina na galing sa auto ko. Is there something wrong with my car's engine?

My ride is a '95 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi (itlog w/ 4G92), the fuel that I'm using is Shell V-Power. The car was bought recently, sabi ng first owner, newly tuned up so I haven't really checked the car's worn out parts like spark plugs and air filter. The odometer reading is 81000+ kilometers.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Wag ka maniwala sa pinag bilan mo, check mo ung spark plugs, air filter (kung barado na) at ung carburator baka worn out na ang jets.

Isa pang pedeng problema nyan wag naman sana may problema na ang oil control rings ng piston.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    thank you sir, may jets din ba ang EFI?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can give a quick check (or sniff) around the car to see where the smell of gasoline is strongest. Then with the car idling, check under the car for signs of dripping fuel.

If the smell is coming from the engine bay, check along the fuel line and the engine itself. Among other places, check the sparkplugs if they are wet.

Check if fuel is leaking from the hoses and metal fuel lines. Ethanol in E10 gasoline can erode metal fuel lines and also prematurely harden rubber fuel hoses.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    thanks ghosthunter, the information that posted here is very helpful in determining the fuel smell on my GLXi.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sorry Di ko napansin na glxi pala. Wala jets ang efi. Check mo mga hoses. Check mo kung may patay na cylinder.

Strong fuel odor?