New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've heard about this type of tuning years ago. There was a group who were stoich tuned and was the talk in forums. I believe this was specialized by LF Tuning. Any comments on this method?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Stoich tuning merely means tuning your car so that it neither runs lean or rich. How this is done, depends on your car... is it carburated or EFI?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zanch View Post
    I've heard about this type of tuning years ago. There was a group who were stoich tuned and was the talk in forums. I believe this was specialized by LF Tuning. Any comments on this method?
    It was made obsolete by the arrival of dyno tuning which is more precise.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    is stoich tuning same as tuning with a fuel controller?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Stoich tuning merely means tuning your car so that it neither runs lean or rich. How this is done, depends on your car... is it carburated or EFI?

EFI paps..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    is stoich tuning same as tuning with a fuel controller?
    nope... even fully stock car will "benefit" from stoich tuning daw. Leave the car overnight LF and he will do his magic by the next day.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    stoichiometric ratio is tuned by a car module itself based in engine size and displacements and depend on manufacturer program but normally 14:1 air fuel ratio.in reality stoich tuning is similar to tune up in terms of service.but their stoich tuning is different,they going to install or add something to get better gas mileage,yes its a little advantage for the vehicles owner but a big disadvantges for the engine.no offense.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does this mean we are adding stress to the engine if not properly tuned using the stoich method? From what i know "tope" would occur if the engine isn't "stoich tuned" well.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's improperly tuned, it could run lean, leading to eventual long-term damage and "tope".

If you've got an EFI engine, it's best to go with an air-fuel controller and dyno-tuning. Big difference in power. The difference in economy will depend on how bad your fuel tuning was as stock. If your EFI car comes with an oxygen sensor already, the difference in economy won't be that big, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Stoich Tuning