New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Where can I buy both stainless and black iron pipings for an exhaust set up for cars besides from an exhaust shop?
    What is the grade or type should the stainless and black iron pipings should it have?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sa aranque at binondo... madami nag bebenta doon lahat klase at size pati grades ng steel,iron, black iron, galvanized, stainless in round, hollow pipes... halos lahat nandun na...

pag sa exhaust, mas ok stainless... kasi kapag black iron mabigat, and generally makapal not ideal for exhaust...
    black iron is mostly used sa pipings that require tremendous pressure resistance like gas and steam, or anything that has pressure, plus pag stainless hindi kakalawangin..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yung custom muffler na stainless na pinagawa ko last year kasi kinakalawang kaya naisip ko baka may grade or something yung stainless.Papalitan ko kasi ng stainless pipings yung exhaust ko. Nag canvass ako sa mga exhaust shops sobrang mahal.
    Saan yung aranque?
    Saan sa binondo?
    Any specific stores in binondo and in aranque?
    Last edited by gearspeed; February 28th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Try alonzo St. google map it. Its parallel Sabino Padilla St. (nee. Gandara). Alonzo intersects Aranque Market.

For more specific shop listings, try looking at the yellow pages under business and industries. Lots of entries there.

As for the Stainless grades. Look for at least grade 304 or grade 316.

Muffler shop probably gave you the lowest grade of stainless: grade 202 or maybe not even stainless which may explain premature rust.

Stainless steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Look under "types of stainless steel" for more explanation on the different grades.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Try alonzo St. google map it. Its parallel Sabino Padilla St. (nee. Gandara). Alonzo intersects Aranque Market.

For more specific shop listings, try looking at the yellow pages under business and industries. Lots of entries there.

As for the Stainless grades. Look for at least grade 304 or grade 316.

Muffler shop probably gave you the lowest grade of stainless: grade 202 or maybe not even stainless which may explain premature rust.

Stainless steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Look under "types of stainless steel" for more explanation on the different grades.
    Thanks.
    I see. but what is the difference of the 304 and 316?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    316 has more Chrome than 304. 316 or 316L(low carbon) is widely use in the food industry

Stainless steel is heavier than steel

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    300 Series—The most widely used austenite steel is the 304, also known as 18/8 for its composition of 18% chromium and 8% nickel.[21] 304 may be referred to as A2 stainless (not to be confused with A2 grade steel, also named Tool steel, a steel). The second most common austenite steel is the 316 grade, also called marine grade stainless, used primarily for its increased resistance to corrosion. A typical composition of 18% chromium and 10% nickel, commonly known as 18/10 stainless, is often used in cutlery and high quality cookware. 18/0 is also available.
    Basically, 316 is more rust resistant than 304.

Btw, what supposed stainless part in your exhaust developed rust ? If they didn't use stainless welding rods then the welds will rust.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Basically, 316 is more rust resistant than 304.

Btw, what supposed stainless part in your exhaust developed rust ? If they didn't use stainless welding rods then the welds will rust.
    The rust I had on the muffler was on the tail pipe and bracket. I still manage to save the muffler by polishing it again and again but the bracket never went back to stainless it went to ordinary metal color.
    Do they have an elbow stainless or do I need to have it done by the exhaust shop and purchase in alonzo a straight pipe stainless?
    One exhaust shop uses 304. I'm thinking of getting the 304 will go their next week..
    Last edited by gearspeed; March 1st, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    The rust I had on the muffler was on the tail pipe and bracket. I still manage to save the muffler by polishing it again and again but the bracket never went back to stainless it went to ordinary metal color.
    Do they have an elbow stainless or do I need to have it done by the exhaust shop and purchase in alonzo a straight pipe stainless?
    One exhaust shop uses 304. I'm thinking of getting the 304 will go their next week..
    1 week ago bumili ako stainless elbow.. meron yan sila doon....
    the secret is the welding and how good the welder will do it...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    anyone knows where the new shop of Fremuff is located? their shop in San Juan is no longer there.

how about ALPAN Muffler House (Araneta ave.) and Mufflerland (T. Morato)? Any feedback guys?

I plan to have my exhaust system replaced next week from 2" to 2.5" stainless pipe, from downpipe to tail-end. I already have a magnaflow muffler and 2 exhaust tips. TIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stainless and Black Iron Pipings besides getting from an exhaust shop