New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hello. Car and forum newbie here. Need help in maybe diagnosing my problem, para po may idea ako before ko dalin sa repair shop.

My car is a Kia Picanto 2011 A/T. 26K odo reading. My problem is, may squealing noise when accelerating, pag ac is on. Pag off yung ac, no noise. Pag nakapark and ac is on, wala ding noise. I also noticed na malakas yung vibration and may rattling sound pag idle. Sabi sa casa alternator problem daw kaya lang medyo nawalan na ng tiwala sa service.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Change the serpentine belt muna and adjust the tension accordingly

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone 3 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Change the serpentine belt muna and adjust the tension accordingly

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone 3 using Tapatalk
    Thank you po sir sa suggestion. Will do po. Squealing Noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    I found this forum very useful in dealing with car problems such as parts replacement and other important tips and guides. Actually, it helps me to save a lot in buying the front and rear brake pads that is too expensive in casa and was able to find the original at the right price. My concern is, I bought a Nissin Brake Pads (front and rear) for Honda City 2011 with stock rims and tires. However, I observed lately that everyday it produces a squeaking sound when i step on the brake. The said brake pads was installed by friend (2 mos ago), an experience automotive mechanic. May I ask for your expertise, tips and guide on how to resolve it. Do I need to buy any cleaning solutions? Please advise. Thank you very much.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by megel View Post
    I found this forum very useful in dealing with car problems such as parts replacement and other important tips and guides. Actually, it helps me to save a lot in buying the front and rear brake pads that is too expensive in casa and was able to find the original at the right price. My concern is, I bought a Nissin Brake Pads (front and rear) for Honda City 2011 with stock rims and tires. However, I observed lately that everyday it produces a squeaking sound when i step on the brake. The said brake pads was installed by friend (2 mos ago), an experience automotive mechanic. May I ask for your expertise, tips and guide on how to resolve it. Do I need to buy any cleaning solutions? Please advise. Thank you very much.
    it is probably dragging. the caliper pins are probably seized or stuck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by megel View Post
    Well it turns out that your mechanic lacks experience..

Buy some silicone grease to lubricate the caliper pins and put little silicone grease on the back of the pads (in between the shims)

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    it is probably dragging. the caliper pins are probably seized or stuck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much for the useful tips and advise. I'll try to have it check with the local car repair shop.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

Buy some silicone grease to lubricate the caliper pins and put little silicone grease on the back of the pads (in between the shims)
    Thank you very much for the useful tips and advise. I'll try to have it check with the local car repair shop.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

use high-temp silicone on the caliper pins

copper grease on the back of the pads and other contact points