New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    TS, personally i don't buy the above mentioned items. Besides it's expensive, it does serves the same purpose as the regular spark plugs IMO. I just buy regular sparks only, clean the spark plug tips every time change oil. Below is the pictures taken before cleaning it. DIY by soaking it in coke mixed with salt, let it stays for overnight then use steel brush to clean the spark plugs tip, adjust if necessary. this park plug has been in the engine for 20k mileage, still in tip top shape condition huh!!! Attachment 20757
    Back in the mid 90's, I shifted from your normal copper plugs to splitfire. After 5 years, I went back to normal copper plugs and just changed my plugs every 10,000 - 15,000. There are too many conflicting papers and reports on the benefits of having a normal copper plug versus the multi-electrode plug wherein the copper plug corrodes fast but the spark is better whereas the multi-electrode plugs last longer but have a smaller spark. I don't really know what to believe so I was thinking of trying again the platinum / iridium plugs.

What brand are those you're using? When you say adjust, are you referring to the gapping?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Hey man, how do you find the iridium plugs? Do they last as long as the platinum ones?
    So far so good. I shifted to iridium so I don't need to replace the copper plugs every 5-10k km. The Denso Iridium Power spark plugs are said to last 30k km.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    Below is the pictures taken before cleaning it.

Attachment 20757
    Where is the AFTER cleaning picture?

BTT:

I was never a fan of "fancy" sparkplugs. I just buy what is recommended by the manufacturer as per the owners handbook. Beru or Bosch for the europeans in my garage, and Nippondenso / NGK for our one and only japonesa.

:D
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; March 4th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    So far so good. I shifted to iridium so I don't need to replace the copper plugs every 5-10k km. The Denso Iridium Power spark plugs are said to last 30k km.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Please correct me if I'm wrong,
    ang iridium every 100k ang palit

sent via LaTE Network

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Where is the AFTER cleaning picture?

BTT:

I was never a fan of "fancy" sparkplugs. I just buy what is recommended by the manufacturer as per the owners handbook. Beru or Bosch for the europeans in my garage, and Nippondenso / NGK for our one and only japonesa.

:D
    naka specify na din minsan sa owners manual yung ordinary and iridium plugs equivalent. sa mga older cars yata puro copper plugs lang nakalagay.

Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong,
    ang iridium every 100k ang palit

sent via LaTE Network
    sa factory installed iridium plugs, 100k km replacement. but for aftermarket iridium plugs, way lower. cause iba yata spec nung OEM plugs.

DENSO SPARK PLUGS - Basic Knowledge
    Last edited by crazy_boy; March 4th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    naka specify na din minsan sa owners manual yung ordinary and iridium plugs equivalent. sa mga older cars yata puro copper plugs lang nakalagay.

sa factory installed iridium plugs, 100k km replacement. but for aftermarket iridium plugs, way lower. cause iba yata spec nung OEM plugs.

Thanks for the info, so pag ung iridium plug ay tapered ung tip hindi ito tatagal ng 100k.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^

Yup, mostly copper electrodes. The manufacturers manual usually state 3 brands of choice, in my case its either Bosch, Beru, or Champion.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Thanks for the info, so pag ung iridium plug ay tapered ung tip hindi ito tatagal ng 100k.
    i think it has something to do with the tip. 0.7mm yung factory installed long life plugs, while 0.4mm yung mga aftermarket plugs. I think the platinum tip also helps extending the life.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    the Denso Iridium Tough series is the long life type.. up to 100,000 km before replacement

you can check the Iridium Power and Iridium Tough part numbers for Philippine vehicles here: http://www.globaldenso.com/en/produc...ippines_4w.zip

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    the Denso Iridium Tough series is the long life type.. up to 100,000 km before replacement

you can check the Iridium Power and Iridium Tough part numbers for Philippine vehicles here: http://www.globaldenso.com/en/produc...ippines_4w.zip
    when i inquired with Riken Motor Sales, they only have Iridium Power in stock. they dont have any Iridium Tough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast