New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I'm not quite sure if there is an existing thread, however this is what I am experiencing with regards to smoking.

Everytime I go to work I pass thru Daang Hari, and when I reach the speed of 60-80kph at 2,000-3,000rpm I see smoke coming out of my tailpipe, I'm not quite sure of what colour though but it's sort of white or grey. It ONLY happens when I go to work.

Now when I go home from work it doesn't happen, the smoke isn't there anymore so I can say it's intermittent. What could be the possible cause of this?

Car is B14 GA16DNE.

I hope you could help guys.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you have your car tuned up regularly? Change your air filter?

Is your engine performing normal? "normal" power or less than normal?

Is your engine loosing engine oil? Maybe its leaking into your cylinders since your car is rather old. A simple compression test can show this.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    probably oil seal is already finish need to be check.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    I'm not quite sure if there is an existing thread, however this is what I am experiencing with regards to smoking.

Everytime I go to work I pass thru Daang Hari, and when I reach the speed of 60-80kph at 2,000-3,000rpm I see smoke coming out of my tailpipe, I'm not quite sure of what colour though but it's sort of white or grey. It ONLY happens when I go to work.

Now when I go home from work it doesn't happen, the smoke isn't there anymore so I can say it's intermittent. What could be the possible cause of this?

Car is B14 GA16DNE.

I hope you could help guys.

Thanks!
    Bro, pwede ba ako magrecommend sayo ng competent mechanic and yet mura pa maningil and honest? Free checkup din sya kaya you may want to drop by and pa-quote ka na rin if magkano aabutin ng pag-repair sa oto mo. Then get back to him if you have your budget already for the repair/s. But when it comes to labor fee...super mura xa........Sa may Salitran-Dasma lang sya, along Aguinaldo Hiway. Shop's name is 006 Auto Shop, just right before the Stoplight of Salitran or bago ka dumating sa Honda Dasma. Owner/Mechanic's name is Mel Casaba. Honda Expertise lalo na sa Transmission, Toyota, BMW, Mitsu, Isuzu etc etc...lahat kaya nyang gawin since Chief Mechanic po sya. If ever, mention mo na lng name ko sa knya na nirerefer kita ha.......My name is Ms. Fannie..para marecall nila ako, kamo ako yung may Honda ESi Red/Matic. Thnx.

MEL CASABA....0923-3396127/landline 046-8502840

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Do you have your car tuned up regularly? Change your air filter?

Is your engine performing normal? "normal" power or less than normal?

Is your engine loosing engine oil? Maybe its leaking into your cylinders since your car is rather old. A simple compression test can show this.
    Yes, the car is tuned up regularly. Air filter is still stock, it needs replacement on the next oil change though.

Engine performance is still the same, it's not sluggish, it's still runs normal.

Yes, engine is losing oil and I see oil drips on the parking lot. I'll follow your recommendation for a compression test. Thanks! :D

Also, I read in one of the threads here that the rocker gasket may be the culprit. It hasn't been replaced ever since. Also, the smoke doesn't happen when parked and racing the engine. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by shakatak70 View Post
    probably oil seal is already finish need to be check.
    I'll follow that recommendation, thanks. Is this somehow related to valve shims?

Quote Originally Posted by djhao79 View Post
    Bro, pwede ba ako magrecommend sayo ng competent mechanic and yet mura pa maningil and honest? Free checkup din sya kaya you may want to drop by and pa-quote ka na rin if magkano aabutin ng pag-repair sa oto mo. Then get back to him if you have your budget already for the repair/s. But when it comes to labor fee...super mura xa........Sa may Salitran-Dasma lang sya, along Aguinaldo Hiway. Shop's name is 006 Auto Shop, just right before the Stoplight of Salitran or bago ka dumating sa Honda Dasma. Owner/Mechanic's name is Mel Casaba. Honda Expertise lalo na sa Transmission, Toyota, BMW, Mitsu, Isuzu etc etc...lahat kaya nyang gawin since Chief Mechanic po sya. If ever, mention mo na lng name ko sa knya na nirerefer kita ha.......My name is Ms. Fannie..para marecall nila ako, kamo ako yung may Honda ESi Red/Matic. Thnx.

MEL CASABA....0923-3396127/landline 046-8502840
    Thanks for this info, i'll bring the car to him as soon as possible ms fannie!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kurby View Post
    Yes, the car is tuned up regularly. Air filter is still stock, it needs replacement on the next oil change though.

Engine performance is still the same, it's not sluggish, it's still runs normal.

Yes, engine is losing oil and I see oil drips on the parking lot. I'll follow your recommendation for a compression test. Thanks! :D

Also, I read in one of the threads here that the rocker gasket may be the culprit. It hasn't been replaced ever since. Also, the smoke doesn't happen when parked and racing the engine. Is that normal?

I'll follow that recommendation, thanks. Is this somehow related to valve shims?

Thanks for this info, i'll bring the car to him as soon as possible ms fannie!
    Sure no problem. Just give us an update on your car repair. I'll be visiting his shop too within this week for maintenance/follow up. Thanks!!!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Looks like rocker gasket issue yan sa iyo. If busted ang piston ring nyan, regardless of the speed, mag e emit yan ng white smoke. Since during high speeds lang cya lumalabas, it's worth trying. Napaka dali palitan nyan. You can do it on your own.

Pariham po ng pic...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Guy Sligh View Post
    Looks like rocker gasket issue yan sa iyo. If busted ang piston ring nyan, regardless of the speed, mag e emit yan ng white smoke. Since during high speeds lang cya lumalabas, it's worth trying. Napaka dali palitan nyan. You can do it on your own.

Pariham po ng pic...

Thanks paps, opo pinalitan ko na sya nung monday lang, naka bili ako sa Advance ng replacement worth 200. Nung ikinabit ko so far hindi naman umusok. yung pinalitan pala na rocker gasket ay sobrang kunat na, at nung pinalitan ko eh hindi na sya buo nung tinanggal ko.

Buti na lang may tsikot. Less gastos. haha!

Obeserve ko muna rin for 1 week. Thanks for your help!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Payo ko lang kung gasket bibilin mo hindi baleng mahal iyong ibang replacement kasi madaling tumigas ang goma na sandali lang mag leak ulit para iwas abala.

Smoking White/Gray