New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KcireReaver View Post
    what are these metal particles the engine will shed? you mean wear and tear?

yespo. wear and tear.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I wonder why they dont practice this in australia or us or thailand. are they special are you special?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    akala ko lang kasi ung purpose nun e ung first 1000 kms ay break in period at ung stock oil ng car e pang break in talaga. e ang alam kong break in period e hanggang 5k kms

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Im planning to get ciaz but the nearest dealer is 500+ kms away from us. Im thinking of skipping the first 1,000 kms change oil. So Im just asking if that first 1k kms change oil is really necessary.

some new purchases have this free 1000km oil change where they only inspect and not change oil. hope you got that freebie.

if not, still do it for warranty purposes. and try to find a casa/dealer where you see the mechanic change the oil...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Im planning to get ciaz but the nearest dealer is 500+ kms away from us. Im thinking of skipping the first 1,000 kms change oil. So Im just asking if that first 1k kms change oil is really necessary.
    If it's stated in the manual, then yes. But you can have it changed near your place if the dealer is that far away, just use engine oil with the recommended certification.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    1,000kms pms are usually free, why not take advantage of it.

pus if you really want to remove the initial metals due to wear and tear, ideally nga 100kms pa lang change-oil ka na agad after a really good break-in.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yespo. wear and tear.
    haha hindi ako convinced sir. bago naman ung engine e hindi kagrabe wear and tear nyan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    which car? suzuki? tata? yota? honda? 1000km checkup isnt that costly...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    which car? suzuki? tata? yota? honda? 1000km checkup isnt that costly...

I think it's the distance from his place to the dealer's that's got him thinking about skipping the pms.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Is this correct? 500 kms. away?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    haha hindi ako convinced sir. bago naman ung engine e hindi kagrabe wear and tear nyan
    i have noticed, in my since brand-new cars, that fuel consumption is worse during the first few thousands of km. and that it gets better after more thousands of km.
    i equate this with "break-in", wherein the moving metal parts are rubbing against each other, still finding the sweet spot.
    after some more metal files out, that sweet spot is attained, friction is lessened, and fuel efficiency improves.
    changing oil then, removes the metal filings that, if left in the engine, act as abrasives that will wear out metal faster.
    hence the oil change.

some folks believe that with today's modern manufacturing methods, tolerances are improved, making this 1K oil change un-necessary.
    but i do it, just the same. i'm an old dog... hard to learn new tricks.
    heh heh.

btw.
    while a popular belief of the advantage of changing oil, is removing metal particles brought about by wear and tear,
    an equally important reason for oil change, is that additives to the oil, added to make oil more effective as a lubricant, are lost over time and use. replacing the old oil with new oil, restores these additives.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast