New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mga chief balak ko kc magpalit ng air filter kc dami nagsasabi na mas ok daw hatak and ma fuel efficient, ung unang pic simota standard air intake system, ung second pic simota mushroom air filter and ung last simota heat shield air filter. la ko shado lam sa ganto ask ko anu b pinaka ok, pkisulat nlang ung pros and cons nung items, thanks! ah honda city 2005 nga pla car ko and budgeted din...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Save up your money and get a K&N or HKS assembly for your car.. or even a K&N drop-in filter.

Halos wala kang mararamdamang pagbabago sa hatak pag Simota, eh. You can experiment if you want, though, buy both the HKS and the Simota and sell the one you're not satisfied with to someone else.

There are fuel savings, but they're small. Not really worth the price of an air-filter, IMHO... but who knows?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by superman_jobags View Post
    mga chief balak ko kc magpalit ng air filter kc dami nagsasabi na mas ok daw hatak and ma fuel efficient, ung unang pic simota standard air intake system, ung second pic simota mushroom air filter and ung last simota heat shield air filter. la ko shado lam sa ganto ask ko anu b pinaka ok, pkisulat nlang ung pros and cons nung items, thanks! ah honda city 2005 nga pla car ko and budgeted din...
    I have upgraded my nissan series 3 to the pik 1, lumakas hatak pero di ko naman napansin yung fuel efficiency nya. Worry ko lang based on my reliable mekaniko, enough ba ang filtering nito compared to original one???

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    users suggests that you clean the filter 'often'.
    when it comes to power, little difference.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Through my experience w/ simota and k&N they are both reliable speed boosters especially the K&N..But regarding with the fuel efficiency, I doubt it would give you more KM with those filters.Just remember it also depends on how you behave w/ your GAS pedal.

Its like this:

-----------> more air intake = more speed

-----------> more speed = more GAS consumptions.

e.g; Turbo,Overupgrade Exhaust Manifold,Mufflers,Air Filters.etc.. This are some of the parts you will consider when it comes to speed.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    yung mushroom type po ba pwede ikabit sa carb?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks mga chief sa pag reply! i'll try to consider those suggestions..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the carb, you'll need an adapter elbow (search... we talked about this before).

As for cone versus mushroom... well, it's personal preference. I like cones, some guys like mushrooms.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    meron bang fake na simota? parang kasi nakikita ko box nila simota pero yun filter iba na itsura, wala na rin simota logo. any recommendation where to buy simota, cone type?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Opted to post this here instead of a new thread. Excuse lang sa TS.

I've installed a Simota Drop-in Air Filter in my car.

The first few months I, indeed, noticed the increase in acceleration. But a few weeks ago, the engine developed a whining sound as you rev up.

Had it checked at a reliable shop and the mechanic told me it was my Simota air filter. Even after it was cleaned, the whine was still there. Swapped with a normal air filter, and the sound was gone.

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced this? I'm quite confused because if that is a normal side effect of the filter, why didn't it manifest during the first few months of usage? The mechanic told me na parang nahihirapan daw yung air intake hose (with the Simota installed) so I'm quite concerned.

Thanks.

simota air filter