New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

another noob question here. i pulled out my dipstick to check oil level and i noticed that when i place my finger on top of the dipstick tube, i can feel air coming out. is this normal?

but when i put the dipstick back on, NO air or water comes out of it.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yep, normal lang yan. kahit may konting oil, ok lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

another noob question here. i pulled out my dipstick to check oil level and i noticed that when i place my finger on top of the dipstick tube, i can feel air coming out. is this normal?

but when i put the dipstick back on, NO air or water comes out of it.

hinde yata normal bro....

kasi kung meron air lumalabas it means bukas engine mo while checking for oil level...so hinde normal yun pag check niyo ng engine oil level whille the engine is running...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde yata normal bro....

kasi kung meron air lumalabas it means bukas engine mo while checking for oil level...so hinde normal yun pag check niyo ng engine oil level whille the engine is running...
    'yan din ang unang naisip ko kahit hindi nabanggit ng ts. . .the engine must be running for you to feel air coming out of the tube. . .you check your oil level when the engine is cold; not when it is running. . .do it in the morning, and make sure that the car is in a level position

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir pag medyo excessive yung sinasabi mo na air comng out of the dipstick tube, medyo cause of concern na yun.... you can check by also opening your engine oil filler cap and cover the opening with the palm of your hand, if teh pressure is excessive you will definitely feel it in your palm, also do check if there is a lot of smoke coming out of the filler hole...kasi usually pag ganyan na ang nangyayari candidate na yung makina for engine blow-by.

how old na ba sir yung sasakyan/makina?

ok lang kung may hangin....pero kung ma langis na tumitilamsik from there katulad sa kotse ko, loose compression na..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Normal lang na me hangin dahil may movement sa internals pero pag may oil na while idle, mas malakas yan during acceleration. But not that major naman, wait mo na rin ibang senyales like kung nababawasan ang oil in a week, kulay ng usok, FC etc.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A small amount of air will always be present on your dipstick tube or oil filler cap, even on a new engine. This is blow-by or compression gas leaking past the piston rings gaps. Older engines will have larger piston ring gaps due to normal ring and cylinder wear, and will therefore have higher levels of gas leakage.

Blowby can be measured through a manometer while load is appled to the engine on a dynamometer.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ok lang kung may hangin....pero kung ma langis na tumitilamsik from there katulad sa kotse ko, loose compression na..
    If oil coming out from the dipstick doesnt mean right away that its a loose compression unless the rings are worn and your getting blow-by which builds pressure and condensation in the crankcase. Then you need to rebuild the engine. You have been rebuild already, so that is good... same as NEW.

Anyway, if oil coming out from your dipstick most problem(with the exemption that I mentioned above) is likely emmision problem. You may have overfill, PCValve stock-up, crankcase breather plugged or no enough vacuum due to worn rubber hose vacuum. Our engine need air and a functional breather to run properly and efficiently, kaya pakiramdam natin ay palyado ang kotse dahil hindi nakakahinga. With all the preasure built in the crankcase of course maraming mangyayari, lahat ay damay damay na lalo na ang bulsa.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 25th, 2008 at 01:57 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    You may have overfill, PCValve stock-up, crankcase breather plugged or no enough vacuum due to worn rubber hose vacuum. Our engine need air and a functional breather to run properly and efficiently, kaya pakiramdam natin ay palyado ang kotse dahil hindi nakakahinga. With all the preasure built in the crankcase of course maraming mangyayari, lahat ay damay damay na lalo na ang bulsa.
    Simota has a Breather to help this PCV pressure buildup. but I read here in tsikot na bawal daw ito sa states among Gasoline vehicles.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
should there be air coming out from dipstick tube?