New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    is there a relation between them? anyway, here's my problem: i just had my galant vr serviced at diamond motors (75,000 km pms). when i got my car, it ran well, actually i felt it ran stronger, magaan tumakbo talaga. but i noticed na medyo tumakaw sa gas, ang bilis bumaba nung fuel gauge as compared to before i had it serviced. i brought it back to diamond and told them about the seeming increase in fuel consumption. there, they connected their MUT (diagnostic tool) to my car. after some time, they told me that the servo of my car ang culprit. he gave me a certain figure (didn't ask what that figure measured e) as diagnosed by their MUT, na way off daw kaya matakaw sa gas yung car ko. i didn't believe what the service advisor told me and i left na lang, since my car was fine except for the fuel consumption. i know that a faulty servo exhibits low rpm readings to the point of stalling e, and my car didn't have it kaya naisip ko na he might be pulling my leg. or are there other manifestations of a faulty servo? 12.5 k kasi ang new servo e. if there is really a connection between the servo and fuel consumption, papapalitan ko na next week. m just making sure kasi sayang yung money kung hindi naman ito sira talaga. tnx mga pare for your replies

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your rpm * idle? when my servo conked out on me, hindi low idling, extremely high idling ang nangyari. 3k rpm yung idle ko, pwede na magcruise control hehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks for the reply pare. when my a/c is on, the rpm is 800 + or -. pag naka-patay naman yung a/c, the rpm is 300 + or -.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by momoyster View Post
    thanks for the reply pare. when my a/c is on, the rpm is 800 + or -. pag naka-patay naman yung a/c, the rpm is 300 + or -.
    800 rpm with the aircon on is justg right. But 300 rpm is too low. At 300 rpm your car is about to stall.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    tama sila bro kung sira ang servo dapat erratic lalo na sa idling and parang baligtad pag ac on dapat medyo bababa ang idling then mag catch un servo to maintain the idling. common cause sa service lalo na kung naglinis sila ng throttle body ay hindi nafit ng husto connector. observe mo lang muna car bka naman normal lang, fuel consumption kasi maraming factors.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    you might want to get a 2nd opinion from other shops like speedyfix. i heard they have a engine diagnostic tool. at least youll be able to confirm if the servo is really the problem.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thank you for all the replies. i will just observe my car in the meantime

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mga Bro;

meron bang malapit sa cavite na speedfix shop ?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_0197 View Post
    Mga Bro;

meron bang malapit sa cavite na speedfix shop ?
    wala sir, nasubukan mo na ba ipalinis yung throttle body?

I agree with UserFriendly, +/- 800 RPM with A/C on is okay, pero 300 RPM with A/C off at idle is very low.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    maybe this would help to your existing q's:

http://www.mymitsuph.com/modules.php...ewtopic&t=5842

...marami rami lang yung pages, browsed mo nalang perpetually so you can learn more about the servo thingy,..gud luck pre!

servo and fuel economy