New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Para ma-maintain lang. Pwede na ba twice a week? Or mas madalas pa?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    store mo lang dun sa hindi nasisinagan ng araw or nababasa. kung gusto mo talaga maging OC dito, tanggalan mo ng battery, lagyan mo ng high octane premium fuel para hindi mapanis, tas iwan mo na. kahit iwan mo isang taon oks lang yan.

after 1 year, kabit batt, lagyan ng konting high octane fuel yung tangke (kahit isang gallon lang) tapos drive sa nearest gas station, change oil. gamitin ulit.

after nun, do step 1 ulit.

kung months lang ok lang kahit walang prep. basta maayos ang parking.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Not an option to disconnect the batt kasi nga I do need to use the car once or twice a month for errands. At talagang naarawan/nauulanan siya sa parking. Mostly highway driving to. And how about chaging oil? Do I need to stricly follow 3 months/3K advice?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    Not an option to disconnect the batt kasi nga I do need to use the car once or twice a month for errands. At talagang naarawan/nauulanan siya sa parking. Mostly highway driving to. And how about chaging oil? Do I need to stricly follow 3 months/3K advice?
    Similar problem here. Do I need to strictly follow 3 months/3K change oil?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regular PMS should still be followed. To give you an idea. My car is now 26tkms old (2006 model) and the last PMS I did was for 50tkms. Do this if you intend to keep your car long.

Aside from this, the normal lubrication of moving parts should be followed. Greasing and everything. If you use your car once or twice a month, you should be okay.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if you'll drive it once/twice a month you don't need any special prep. maybe carwash every other week or so. or a double coat of wax every month and some tint on the windows.

you can try running the car once a week with aircon on so the a/c won't crack/leak from non-usage, but it's just a waste of fuel in my opinion.

issue jan yung interiors and paint. dust, acidrain, and UV rays can really mess up the paint and interiors.

the engine and electrical system wont be problem. basta walang ground, the battery can sit for months without being recharged. and when you start the car, the oil will still be fluid and the gasoline still flammable.

Seldom used car how often do I need to drive it?