New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I previously used this oil in both my Strada and Trooper. Lo and Behold it did not live up to it's expectations. This oil is rated API CI-4/SL, ACEA E5, Global DHD-1, SAE 15W-40. Within 2.5k kms of use from a full oil dipstick it results dismally to an almost low to dry dipstick. This means it has very poor thermal stability. The verdict: Ditch the said oil at balik sa trusted Delo Gold Multigrade. :drool:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yup, sa mainit na weather. 20w-50 ginagamit pag summer time dito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    salamat sa tip

magkano multigrade? delo gold monograde kasi gamit ko. 320 per gallon lang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    alin mas ok? delo gold multigrade or shell helix diesel?

roydok, in your opinion which performed much better on the strada?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balita ko panget helix.

yun eh balita ako hheheh

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how would you know that your oil has broken down dahil sa init, aside from ung pagbabawas?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used castrol dati...ditched it..mausok pa...tried caltex..ok lang...

SHELL helix (or is it remula x!?!ung black...)ang hiyang sa safari ko talaga....

siguro kilalanin niyo mga sasakyan niyo kung ano ang hiyang na oil.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rimula din ang gamit ko.

Mausok minsan pero pasado naman sa test.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    how would you know that your oil has broken down dahil sa init, aside from ung pagbabawas?
    Both our Strada and Trooper has no history of oil consumption. This only happened for the 1st time on the use of this godforsaken SeaOil Oil. With this I can conclude that it's due to it's poor thermal stability that it resulted to it's premature breakdown to poor man's black sludge. Kaya we had the oil changed immediately. So far of all the locally available mineral oils that we tried the few which have very good oil thermaL stability with minimal oil consumption are Petron Rev-X Trekker, Castrol GTD/CRD and Caltex DELO Gold Multigrade. With regards to Shell Rimula X we also experienced minimal (from full dipstick to half dipstick by 5k oil change) oil consumption using it on our Trooper.

Mayroon na nga palang bagong Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 na rated API CI-4. Susubukan namin ito next time. We also tried the Citgo Supergard 500 (CI-4/15W-40) available sa S and R at 87 pesos per liter pero medyo malakas din sa oil consumption. Just to remind you thermal stability is only one of the characteristics that makes an oil a good. This is not to say the oils I mentioned above with large oil consumption are totally bad. But to me on my opinion still they are not good. :drool:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by fierari
    salamat sa tip

magkano multigrade? delo gold monograde kasi gamit ko. 320 per gallon lang.
    The DELO Gold Multigrade I recall is priced at 145/liter. Maganda na din ang monograde since it's cheaper though the multigrade will give you the advantage of better fuel economy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sea Oil DEO Turbo Max BAD Experience