New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I was planning to give my Fortuner a complete wash early this week which was supposed to include an engine wash in one of the inside-the-village car wash shops. Medyo reliable naman sila as I have been going there for several years already with several cars. This is my first time with my Fortuner and when I asked, they refused to wash the engine. They are afraid that they might short the ECU.

My question now is, is it safe to engine wash cars like the Fortuner? I have not asked the CASA about this or the Gasoline Stations where they might have experience in washing the engine of the new cars.

Kung meron man, can you also recommend which car wash does a decent job? Medyo madumi na ang engine and I want to keep it clean.

Thanks for your comments.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try bigberts koya. magaling and sulit ;)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

AFAIK its safe, just make sure to cover the critical parts like the alternator. Try bigberts

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    try Bigberts, sir. i'm sure kayang kaya nila yun. i even saw a new honda jazz having a full detail sa BB. ganda ng pagkagawa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just cover the air intake and alarm horn. car engines were made to get wet. kung di pwede mabasa yan e di sana totally enclosed na ang engine. it rains on this planet!

and ung ecu wala sa engine bay, but its somewhere under the dash, right?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sir,
    3.0 D4D ba engine mo? kung diesel yan sir walang problema, i had mine wash at Toyota San Fernando wala naman naging problema basta after they wash it , pinahanginan lang yung engine bay. luminis na naman ang engine, i dont know sa 2.7 VVTi kung magkakaproblema ang EFI? so the best thing to do is pa wash mo sa CASA at least pag nagka problema, sila na ang hahanap ng solusyon.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sa casa mo nalang dalin yan. Tutal bago pa yan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nagpapaengine wash ako ng civic namin ang tinatakpan lang ung alternator saka ung air intake. so siguro ganyan din ung gagawin sa fortuner.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i wouldn't risk it, kung papahugas mo, dun ka sa hand cleaning lang with brush and degreaser. Rain is never as hard as a pressure washer so it's different. I've heard a lot of horror stories about cars stalling and malfunctioning after getting an engine wash so dun ka na sa sigurado.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is it safe to Engine Wash new Cars with ECU?