Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ask this guys why is he now selling his converted rides:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...cat=all&page=1
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...cat=all&page=1

he convered his spacewagon using 4d68TD, and his cefiro w/ a TD27

ask the seller nalang po

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... TD27 in a Cefiro... luxurious... economical... quiet... until you turn on the engine... bruk bruk bruk bruk bruk...

It's possible to convert front wheel drive sedans to diesel, but you will have to import the engine from Japan... the total cost of the engine, mounting hardware and conversion will probably exceed any savings in terms of gas you will actually see.

But it is interesting... there are actually diesel Civics, Lancers and 323/Lynxes out there... (mmmhmmm 2.2 turbodiesel or 2.0 turbodiesel? Torquey!)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi JVM13,

it will depend on what particular objective, as for me. i bought a s-10 pick up 1985 model with straight V6 engine, obviously I have to change my engine since I will be using it everyday, pull-out the V6 and change it to Mazda RF turbo diesel engine which I think fits perfectly, though my "mekaniko" recommended the 2.5 nissan eagle engine.

Bought the Diesel engine at Blumentritt at P 18,000 now i can use the pick everyday since its economical compare to V6 engine.

on the other hand, covertion such as this needs a very good mekaniko since it converts all the way to transmission up to the diffrential.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Diesel = high compression
    Gas = low compression

Convert a low compression engine to run high, what do you get? A failed project.

If you want a really good light and small diesel engine, look for the Jap cars or maybe even Isuzu models. The VW TDIs are good for light cars, and so are some Toyota diesel engines themselves. If you have a larger vehicle, get one with more torque.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hmmm... it could be done, but the cost would be prohibitive.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    JUST DO IT!

Remember, astronauts are thrust into orbit by rockets powered by gazillion pounds of fuel under their seats that could explode any moment. do they hesitate and stop what they're doing ? does nasa, with the best minds in the entire planet tell them, it can't be done and its not safe enough ? hell no! they're even going to mars.

so go ahead, and then, tell the rest of the world how you did it. im sure, almost junk na yan car mo kaya confident ka na magexperiment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is it safe to convert a gasoline car into a diesel engine?